Metric locline?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

TheEngineer

Formerly icecool2
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I received my RFGs in the mail today. My tank isn’t up yet but I wanted to test fit them. I pulled off the end connector and trip to plop the RFG on but it is slightly too big. The RFG just falls off. The end is 1/2” MPT but could I have some weird metric loc line?

Vivid Creative Aquatics

Upgrade Your Flow!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I received my RFGs in the mail today. My tank isn’t up yet but I wanted to test fit them. I pulled off the end connector and trip to plop the RFG on but it is slightly too big. The RFG just falls off. The end is 1/2” MPT but could I have some weird metric loc line?

if it doesn't snap on then, yes, it's likely not genuine Loc-line. The easiest way to tell is to look for the "LOC-LINE" logo to be embossed on each knuckle of the modular hose. if you don't see the logo, then it's a different brand.

The good news is we likely already have an adapter designed to fit your modular hose, and if we don't, we'll take this opportunity to create one.

• Can you post a picture of the end of the hose showing a side profile of the last knuckle. Sometime we can tell just from the photo what brand/size it is.

• Next - if you have a set of calibers handy (given you screen name i would think you do :) ) can you provide he OD of the ball end of the modular hose you have (mm works best)

• Finally, if the hose came with you tank, can you provide the make and model of tank?

Thank you!

OP
OP
TheEngineer

TheEngineer

Formerly icecool2
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good, it isn’t just me :)

I see Yipin on the loc line. It came on my SCA tank. I need to find my calipers and I can take a measurement... I own them but that doesn’t mean I know where the heck they are. Ha!

Vivid Creative Aquatics

Upgrade Your Flow!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good, it isn’t just me :)

I see Yipin on the loc line. It came on my SCA tank. I need to find my calipers and I can take a measurement... I own them but that doesn’t mean I know where the heck they are. Ha!
yep - we have that one, I believe that will be a 22mm adapter, but let me check out samples and I'll be right back to you.

Vivid Creative Aquatics

Upgrade Your Flow!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK - so it's not 22mm like i thought but instead it's 20mm. And - we do have an adapter for it. I threw together this quick video to show you how it works

Also, got it listed on our site.
https://vividcreativeaquatics.com/shop/20mm-j-yipin-m-modular-hose-to-1-2in-rfg-adapter/

I too this opportunity to setup a new category to show all the Loc-Line converter adapters that we have. This list will grow quick as w come across more non-loc-line modualr hoses
https://vividcreativeaquatics.com/product-category/loc-line/modualr-hose-to-loc-line-converters/

@TheEngineer - I'll send you PM in a few minutes, so check your messages

OP
OP
TheEngineer

TheEngineer

Formerly icecool2
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That did the trick. It’s a little looser than the rest of the joints but that might add to the randomness of the flow, so I’m good with it :)

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 68 37.2%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 62 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.7%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back