Metroplex and clearing a QT cloudy tank

thejuice24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I've been dosing metro into the water of my QT tank that has been cloudy for a while. I tried everything to clear it up added more surface area for bacteria, water change after water change, nothing would clean it up.

Now 1 week of dosing Metroplex in the water and combining it with food and Focus (for the last 10 days). Water is crystal clear.

Has anyone else ever experienced this? Does metro kill only bad bacteria or all bacteria Prior to the metro I was using Cupramine and Prazipro. Tank has also been in hypo for about 4 weeks. I've been battling ICH and internal parasites.

blkhwkz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was most likely a bacterial bloom from cupramine and prazi combo. Doesn't happen to everyone, but it does happen with those 2 combined sometimes. That can lead to oxygen depletion. I always run an oversized air pump with air stone in QT just in case.

SoreninKL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess its a bacterial bloom as it happen to me as well. I did a 75% water change, cleaned the aquarium glass panels with kitchen roll, cleaned the hob, tossed the bio filtration media (seachem matrix) and added fully cycled matrix. all that solved my case.

cheers :)

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back