Metroplex in reef?

Breakthecycle2

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was reading the dino post and there is so much info, it was hard to process. I have a few questions. Is metro reef safe? If so, when you dose is there a specific dosing regiment you are supposed to follow or just the seachem directions? Do you shut UV off? Thank you.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was reading the dino post and there is so much info, it was hard to process. I have a few questions. Is metro reef safe? If so, when you dose is there a specific dosing regiment you are supposed to follow or just the seachem directions? Do you shut UV off? Thank you.
No Metro is not reef safe.

The only safe way to use it in a reef tank is to use it with a binder in fish food to treat internal parasites. It would be wise to underfeed and run carbon if doing this.

chefjpaul

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I re-read some of that thread, not all of it, as it seems to have went in another direction.

Very interesting thread.

7bcb230495db0e95d87e620ac0867824.jpg

Last edited:

mcarroll

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's unfortunate you dosed your tank already.

I assume you have dino's in your tank since your thread is in the algae section and you mentioned them, but it's not totally clear from your post.

Can you post a full tank shot as well as a full set of test numbers? Especially PO4 and NO3. What has the history been for PO4 and NO3?

Please read this thread:
Dinoflagellates – Are You Tired Of Battling Altogether?

I was reading the dino post and there is so much info, it was hard to process. I have a few questions.

Well said....I wish that thread would be shut down and the first post should have a warning: DO NOT READ

No Metro is not reef safe.

+1

I re-read some of that thread, not all of it, as it seems to have went in another direction.
If Twillard signed off on it, I would follow his instructions.

To say the least. Hmpf.

OP
OP
Breakthecycle2

Breakthecycle2

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's unfortunate you dosed your tank already.

I assume you have dino's in your tank since your thread is in the algae section and you mentioned them, but it's not totally clear from your post.

Can you post a full tank shot as well as a full set of test numbers? Especially PO4 and NO3. What has the history been for PO4 and NO3?

Please read this thread:
Dinoflagellates – Are You Tired Of Battling Altogether?

Well said....I wish that thread would be shut down and the first post should have a warning: DO NOT READ

+1

To say the least. Hmpf.

Why is it unfortunate?

mcarroll

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In no particular order, Metro....
...is not reef safe.
...is unlikely to help with your problem.
...takes a long time to break down in the environment after you clean it out of your system.​

Would you mind posting a tank pic and test parameters?

OP
OP
Breakthecycle2

Breakthecycle2

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not using it for dinos and this is the only forum on here that has dosed it. I also found some threads somewhere else that guys were dosing it in the tank.

chefjpaul

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not using it for dinos and this is the only forum on here that has dosed it. I also found some threads somewhere else that guys were dosing it in the tank.
What are you using it for?

Probably a reason why no threads of it being dosed.

I am currently using it for an infection of some sort, process of elimination, but following precise instructions.

Last edited:

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I'm sure they were dosing it with food using a binder like seachem focus. I believe metroplex even says on the container to not dose in a reef tank.

OP
OP
Breakthecycle2

Breakthecycle2

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That thread started out dosing metroplex and ended in vibrant.
A lot of threads on any forum can lead in a wrong direction sometimes.

Either way I'll be the guinea pig. Seachem also told me if dosing instructions are followed, there shouldnt be any issue, however no guarantees. After doing some digging and knowing Twillard, I feel confident enough to dose straight into DT.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 34.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 20 25.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 15.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back