• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

MH-CFL Hybrid and Current Satellite Marine Pro Lights

gt44ever

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Reefers,
Finally got around to replacing my lights and don't really need all the old ones, so here we go

Coralife Hybrid 72" - $200 Local pick-up only (not sure I could ship it safely)
I believe this is the Aqualight Pro model, and is equipped as follows:
  • 3x 150w Metal Halide lamps with ballasts (all working)
  • 4x Compact Fluorescent lamps- these appear to be actinitic. One is out, but may just need a new bulb (switch on hood)
  • MH ballasts are external with On/Off Switches
  • Blue LED lamps for moonlight - one of these is out
  • Fan cooling - one of the fans did rattle a bit when I turned on all 3 MH's, but may just have been due to it being up on end during testing
  • 1x spare MH bulb is included
  • Note 1: I'll give it a wipe down, but don't plan on replacing the CFL bulb or really taking it apart. There may be some salt creep into some seams
  • Note 2: I currently have 2 of the legs, but they are broken. Might be able to use the old legs to get 3d printed replacements or something. I believe it was also possible to hang this fixture, but haven't really looked into that since I'm not using it
  • Note 3: I'm not sure how many hours are on any parts of this. It was over the sump with one MH being used for a refugium when I got the tank and was removed shortly after. It's been in storage for a couple years now.
2x 48" Current USA Satellite Marine Pro LED strips w/ Ramp Timer Pro - $150 each, local pickup
1x 24" Current USA Satellite Marine Pro LED strips w/ Ramp Timer Pro - $75, local pickup
I could possibly ship these at buyer's expense if I can find an appropriate box to ship them in
24" model would be much easier to ship
  • White and blue LEDs
  • does simulated sunrise, sunset and night viewing
  • Good for a FOWLR setup. Doubt they would be very useful for anything photosynthetic as they're pretty low output
  • Brackets are adjustable to fit a variety of widths. should match the Orbit series on size
  • Note 1: The brackets have some rust on them that I'm going to try to clean up
  • Note 2: There's definitely some salt creep under the protective acrylic shield. I'm not currently planning on taking the lights apart enough to clean this, but the exterior surfaces will be wiped down. That said, they provide a decent amount of light for a FOWLR setup as-is
  • Note 3: Also don't know how many hours are on these lights. They ran about 12hrs/day for the 2.5 years I've had the tank
  • Note 4: I did have issues with a couple of the timers drifting off of the programmed schedule. I have heard that stray IR signals (like a TV remote) can cause this, which could make sense since the problem timers were the ones closest to the living room where the TV sits. Unfortunately, I don't know which ones are which anymore so I can't promise anything regarding which timer goes with each light.
1x Spare Ramp Timer Pro - $30 shipped
1x Power supply for 48" Satellite Marine light - $20 shipped
Nothing wrong with these, just had one light go out so there's a spare timer and power supply

If anyone wants to come pickup the broken 48" to fix or for parts, it's yours. Right now, a single row of LEDs light up on one end and that's all. Maybe someone that likes to tinker with lights can use or fix it.

I'll be putting up pictures once I've had a chance to wipe things down. I do have some shots of the hybrid fixture working, it's just still dirty and on my phone. Those will be up shortly.
I may end up adding one more of each of the Current lights if I decide I don't need to keep them as spares

OP
OP
gt44ever

gt44ever

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hybrid fixture function shots. Please note that everything was only on for a moment or so to show function. The MHs ans CFLs will be brighter with propee time to warm up:
All off-
0519192259.jpg
MH-
0519192301.jpg
CFL (bottom right is out)-
0519192259a.jpg
Moonlight LED (bottom LED, just below bottom MH, is out)-
0519192259b.jpg

OP
OP
gt44ever

gt44ever

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my coffee meter must have been a bit low earlier as I've gone and listed the 48" lights for more than I intended. I'd edit the post, but too late for that now.
48" Current USA Satellite Marine Pro LED lights - $120 each, local pickup
All other information should be accurate.

OP
OP
gt44ever

gt44ever

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Going to drop the prices on the Current strips. Started cleaning them up, and they're dirtier than I realized. I'll sell the ones in the best shape since my backup lights don't need to be particularly nice.
2x 48" Current Satellite Pros - $100 each
24" - $60

Still prefer local pickup especially on the 48's since they'll be a pain to pack properly, but may be able to ship them at buyers expense. I have at least one box that should work.

Also going to note that I do have the remotes for all of the ramp timer pros and I believe they all work.
Planning on cleaning everything up this weekend and will post the more pictures once that's done. In the mean-time, if there's any interest in a particular light, let me know and I can prioritize getting it cleaned up and photos posted.

OP
OP
gt44ever

gt44ever

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, taking the Currents off the market. cleanup is going poorly so they're likely worth more to me as backup/QT lights than they would be to anyone buying.

Hybrid fixture price drop to $180, local pickup
Ramp timer pro - $25 shipped
Power supply for 48" Current Orbit marine Pro (previously listed the wrong model. I was confused)- $20 shipped

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 38.2%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 64 33.5%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.1%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.5%
Back