OP
Miami Reef

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use Zupreem, but Harrison's is great too!
Just be super super careful.....
Peas slipped out the front door yesterday.... spent yesterday and today in the cold rain looking for him. Keep your hopes up for me, mine aren't doing well today.
Oh no. This is the hardest part of owning birds. They get spooked and fly. I’ve had cockatiels before and have experience with them flying away. It’s the worst feeling.

I hope you can find your green cheek conure. Please keep us updated.

I will take your precautions to heart.

OP
OP
Miami Reef

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Getting a parrot was such a good idea. My family loves him. He’s adored and cherished here!

He trusts me enough for him to lay on his back. He’s so loving.

7A737739-6108-4824-A941-51791A970364.jpeg
7414E11A-CEFE-4787-9AC3-4A1BFE28CE93.jpeg

Here’s a short of my tickling his belly. Unlike my Jack, my cat, Fruit Loops likes belly rubs.

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Getting a parrot was such a good idea. My family loves him. He’s adored and cherished here!

He trusts me enough for him to lay on his back. He’s so loving.

7A737739-6108-4824-A941-51791A970364.jpeg
7414E11A-CEFE-4787-9AC3-4A1BFE28CE93.jpeg

Here’s a short of my tickling his belly. Unlike my Jack, my cat, Fruit Loops likes belly rubs.

OP
OP
Miami Reef

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

You’re definitely on something.

Ps. I never heard that song. I was scared to watch it because I KNEW i did something wrong in the picture. I thought maybe my shorts looked weird, or maybe my ding dong was protruding. I was expecting the worst.

Then I heard the chorus of freaking black socks, so I rush to the photos, and lo and behold, a slither of my ancient, crusty, dark socks were visible. :(

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
You’re definitely on something.

Ps. I never heard that song. I was scared to watch it because I KNEW i did something wrong in the picture. I thought maybe my shorts looked weird, or maybe my ding dong was protruding. I was expecting the worst.

Then I heard the chorus of freaking black socks, so I rush to the photos, and lo and behold, a slither of my ancient, crusty, dark socks were visible. :(
haha! nothing like a tip-slip to bring the unwanted attention! ;D all clean here sir!

OP
OP
Miami Reef

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any more Fruit Loop pics? :D
I think Fruit Loops is already fully weaned.

I purchased Harrison’s pellets yesterday and he is devouring them. He hardly ate prior because all he had were nutriberries (which I don’t like because I learned they aren’t even nutritionally balanced AFTER purchasing them).

I learned that Harrison’s pellets are the best thing a bird can live off of, and this baby bird is really, really loving them!

I don’t have any new photos, but all the Amazon perches came today. I can’t wait to decorate his big cage.

Here’s a terrible Live Photo of him from my camera (Yes, I’m a spy). Sometimes I like to tease him by talking through the camera. He goes crazy. He really loves me.

E1CAF665-6437-4FF0-93AB-917EF96FA15B.png

OP
OP
Miami Reef

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Projects with Sam

I sent my aunt the “black socks; they never get dirty; the longer you wear them, the stronger they get. Sometimes I think I should wash them, but something inside me says, ’No, no, not yet.’ “

My aunt, her preteen daughter, and her toddler boy were all laughing so much from it.

Thanks, Mr. Project-Lover. :p

OP
OP
Miami Reef

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FINALLY!!!

Fruit Loops in his mansion!

DD12F3C1-963E-4707-A989-BA5C79B1B197.jpeg

He’s already playing with his toys. He can finally stretch out his wings to his heart's content.

He isn’t fully weaned yet, but he will be any day now. His feedings are decreasing (based on HIS intuition. I let the birds tell me when they are ready to wean).

I purchased a rope perch from PetSmart, but upon inspection, the rope was frayed. It’s brand new, and I learned rope perches are not recommended because they can cause crop impaction (cotton gets stuck in their “stomach,” and they die), or their talons can get caught, and they can hang to death.

9AC5A45D-B494-4004-ABC0-4AB135977FEE.jpeg

I removed all the bells from his toys because they posed a health hazard. A bird can cut their tongue on the sharp edges (like cutting our fingers on the edge of a can lid), and it could choke on the small part inside the bell.

2115D36B-030B-4EE0-952F-C379AEA07C61.jpeg

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FINALLY!!!

Fruit Loops in his mansion!

DD12F3C1-963E-4707-A989-BA5C79B1B197.jpeg

He’s already playing with his toys. He can finally stretch out his wings to his heart's content.

He isn’t fully weaned yet, but he will be any day now. His feedings are decreasing (based on HIS intuition. I let the bird tell me when they are ready to wean).

I purchased a rope perch from PetSmart, but upon inspection, the rope was frayed. It’s brand new, and I learned rope perches are not recommended because they can cause crop impaction (cotton gets stuck in their “stomach,” and they die), or their talons can get caught, and they can hang to death.

9AC5A45D-B494-4004-ABC0-4AB135977FEE.jpeg

I removed all the bells from his toys because they posed a health hazard. A bird can cut their tongue on the sharp edges (like cutting our fingers on the edge of a can lid), and it could choke on the small part inside the bell.

2115D36B-030B-4EE0-952F-C379AEA07C61.jpeg
Excited Season 4 GIF by The Office

Here’s are some toys that I’m sure Froot Loop might love! I’ve used them all in the past.
1678761085240.png

Planet Pleaures make some of the bets toys IMO
1678761164471.png

1678761246226.png

Nice eye with the rope perch. Thankfully my birds haven’t taken interest in pulling the threads out, yet. Interesting you took out the bell. You’re right though they can cut themselves. I’ve cut myself on one lol.

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m changing my bird’s name to Cheese. It suits him more and it’s short.

Meet Cheese!

Lol you did the same thing I did. Before Remy was Remy he was French Fry. Love the new name Cheese! How well is he behaving around you vs in his cage? Does he tend to miss your company a lot? I remember my Green Cheek used to hate when I left the room.

OP
OP
Miami Reef

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol you did the same thing I did. Before Remy was Remy he was French Fry. Love the new name Cheese! How well is he behaving around you vs in his cage? Does he tend to miss your company a lot? I remember my Green Cheek used to hate when I left the room.
Cheese is super attached to people. He begs to come out whenever I put him in his cage.

He enjoys snuggling into me, chewing my skin, letting me pet under his wings and rub his belly, having foot and beak fights while laying on his back, and flying!

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ugggh
You two are making me want a bird. Also this guy didn’t help. Big bird wanted a cuddle.
The first picture looks like it’s a creature from a horror movie! From that perspective it’s faceless :grimacing-face:
Scared Saturday Night Live GIF by HULU

It reminded me of a Dodo. Man….no wonder they’re extinct….

Come to think of it, with this picture, all the dogs, cats, rats, etc. didn’t kill off the Dodo‘s because they wanted to eat them, but because they didn’t want to see that face over and over. I think it be a pain to have to see this thing everyday and say “I’m going to eat this”.

I’m going to sound like Post Movie Credits/announcements):

No disrespect was meant towards the animal :oops::rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Ugggh
You two are making me want a bird. Also this guy didn’t help. Big bird wanted a cuddle.
Surprise Hello GIF by Studios 2016

that birds missing its face!

Back