Miami‘s Clam and SPS Tank

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you, Erin!

@OrchidMiss Does Carrot (your sun conure) like his cage?

Cheese doesn’t like to be caged. He’s still a little clumsy, and he thrashes around because he wants me to take him out.
I’ve heard Sun’s can get a little too excited and hyper especially if they don’t want to be in the cage, and only wants you lol. Has he figured out that screaming when you’re not there gets your attention? If he hasn’t, he will sooner rather than later :(:grinning-squinting-face:

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had a sun conure before. I genuinely don’t think they’re loud. :)
You may just get lucky, all the ones I have had experience with are screamers!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Miami Reef

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You may just get lucky, all the ones I have had experience with are screamers!
What experience did you have with sun conures? Did you own one?

Can you tell me all the birds you’ve owned? I know you currently have 2 budgies, and used to have a green cheek conure.

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What experience did you have with sun conures? Did you own one?

Can you tell me all the birds you’ve owned? I know you currently have 2 budgies, and used to have a green cheek conure.
Taken care of a few Sun’s and all of them have been pretty good, I find them a little ‘dumber ‘sometimes lol compared to others but at least the 4 I’ve worked with. 1 was chill but the others were LOUD.

Lots of other Budgerigars, cockatiels, taken care of Lovebirds and Macaws, and a chunky green parrot I can’t remember lol.

Garf

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Taken care of a few Sun’s and all of them have been pretty good, I find them a little ‘dumber ‘sometimes lol compared to others but at least the 4 I’ve worked with. 1 was chill but the others were LOUD.

Lots of other Budgerigars, cockatiels, taken care of Lovebirds and Macaws, and a chunky green parrot I can’t remember lol.
Macaws are loud aren’t they? I had an umbrella cockatoo that I could hear a literal mile away. Got a 20 year old lesser sulphur crested cockatoo currently, since she was 6 months old.

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you work at a rescue? How were you able to foster sun conures, a macaw, and other parrots?
Actually these are at random people‘s homes and a few are family friends, who needed help to the say the least and needed someone to care for them. So nothing legit like a rescue though I have wanted to try foster. Unfortunately I moved cities so I never got the chance to do it.

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Macaws are loud aren’t they? I had an umbrella cockatoo that I could hear a literal mile away. Got a 20 year old lesser sulphur crested cockatoo currently, since she was 6 months old.
They can be. Depends on the bird some are much quieter than others though at some point they do decide to just yell all day lol.

OP
OP
Miami Reef

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Birds
I think it also depends if you keep them singly or not.

Having two Sun Conures is not 2x the noise…it‘s like 10x because they feed off each other.

Reefing
I want to talk about reefing for a quick second. I’ve been finally letting the tank do its thing instead of tinkering/messing with it. Finally. I found freedom!

I haven’t tested my parameters in a week (that’s a long time for me).

Anyone excited to know where I’m testing? I’ll share the results soon!

(No carbon dosing/no GFO). Let’s see where everything‘s at.

Garf

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it also depends if you keep them singly or not.

Having two Sun Conures is not 2x the noise…it‘s like 10x because they feed off each other.

I want to talk about reefing for a quick second. I’ve been finally letting the tank do its thing instead of tinkering/messing with it. Finally. I found freedom!

Well, I’ll show mine. Phos 0.8, Nitrate 40, calcium 450, mag 1350, Sal 35ppt, Alk 8.5. Is this like a “top trumps” competition?

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I’ll show mine. Phos 0.8, Nitrate 40, calcium 450, mag 1350, Sal 35ppt, Alk 8.5. Is this like a “top trumps” competition?
My eyes are deceiving me right and that says 4 not 40?
awkward get me out of here GIF by Talk Stoop

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been finally letting the tank do its thing instead of tinkering/messing with it. Finally. I found freedom!

TOLD YOU SO! Lol ;)

OP
OP
Miami Reef

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice!
TOLD YOU SO! Lol ;)
You were right.
Congrats on the bird it’s very pretty! Haven't seen a tank in about 30 pages, how's that thing doing?
Thank you! The tank is doing great!
Tomorrow. The lights are already off.

Parameters:
Salinity: 35ppt
Alkalinity: 8dKH
Phosphates: 0.07ppm
Nitrates: 0.2ppm (hanna HR) I think my nitrates are higher than this. It has a resolution of +/- 2ppm.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 2 3.7%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 32 59.3%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 14 25.9%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 9.3%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 1.9%
Back