OP
Miami Reef

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are the 3 latest clams that I have never showed the pictures of before. :)

IMG_8739.JPG

OP
OP
Miami Reef

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got a clam today from them. Nice colors and prices and not those 2” clams. Mines gotta be 7”.
Exactly, they were priced reasonably. How was your process with shipping? Both of the maxima clams I ordered from Reef Exclusive arrived with their bags popped with a shallow amount of water - just enough to cover the mollusks. Nevertheless, the clams made it in perfect health. :)

JGT

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Exactly, they were priced reasonably. How was your process with shipping? Both of the maxima clams I ordered from Reef Exclusive arrived with their bags popped with a shallow amount of water - just enough to cover the mollusks. Nevertheless, the clams made it in perfect health. :)
Wow, you got lucky. Mine was fine. Nothing popped. Got a bunch of fish as well. All made it but 1 so have a credit for it for next time. Website needs some work and he needs to work on his customer service skills but he has some nice stuff.

OP
OP
Miami Reef

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
and he needs to work on his customer service skills but he has some nice stuff.
Yeah, I felt invalidated because all I asked was if he can try to pack more carefully for other people in the future, but he said that it was fedex’s fault.

I made him ship with fedex because I had great experience with them. I think it was a missed opportunity to improve your packaging skills and to practice customer service by validating me instead of unintentionally making me feel like they will continue their practice and that it was my fault for using fedex when UPS was “more gentle”.

I didn‘t ask for any refund. I just wanted to make sure future customers don’t have a similar experience as I did, because it was embarrassing going to the fedex station to pick up the package and them abruptly telling you, “I don’t know what was in there, but it leaked.”

This is basically how I received it (minus the opened top - that was me). Yes, fedex put that plastic bag around the box because it was leaking at the station.

823C01D7-135D-4123-9356-17DB9AE27B87.jpeg

OP
OP
Miami Reef

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I told the vendor that I would make a review prior to receiving the package. I was very happy with his service, but after receiving the package and him implying that his packing was fine and it was fedex’s fault, he told me to “make a review please”.

I didn’t make any review. The vendor was nice, but I felt like the shipping wasn’t perfect and I didn’t want to call them out on that, but I also didn’t want to ignore that fact. So I chose to not say anything.

JGT

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hear you. I think some of it is cultural. Sounds like he’s recently moved to the US from Russia. Think he needs to learn how things are done here.

He was supposed to ship to me on Tuesday for Wednesday delivery and on Tuesday evening he emails me and says he will ship tomorrow because it was a holiday yesterday and he wasn’t able to get the fish from his supplier. I tell him that I may not be home to receive the package so we may need to reschedule for a later date. He then tells me he will have to charge me $100 for holding my fish longer than expected. I told him no way am I paying him for something that was his fault. We worked it out but the fact that he even went down that road told me he has to learn how to deal properly with customers and take ownership for issues as a business owner.

t5Nitro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you take any quarantine precautions adding new clams? Ice read about clams being fine one day and gone overnight. Not sure if its parasitic or viral or anything else they bring along. Im wanting to add several more to my tank at some point but the one I have has been healthy and didn't want to risk it. Whats your process, if anything, when adding new ones?

OP
OP
Miami Reef

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ice read about clams being fine one day and gone overnight.
I’m pretty sure lack of light is the cause of that; clams will seemingly do well until they don’t.

The clam should be fine so long as there is shell growth.

I never dealt with viral issues/parasites. I don’t QT - just inspect prior.

OP
OP
Miami Reef

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For us late comers, can we have photos of all the clams please :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:
Sure lol.

I tend the keep the first post of this thread updated. There are the most recent pictures + everything I dose/do to my tank.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ice read about clams being fine one day and gone overnight.
I believe this is usually not the case as many clams stop growing months earlier but appear healthy and happy, however they then mysteriously die the next day.
So, if your clam isn’t growing then it may be dying already.

Last edited:

t5Nitro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m pretty sure lack of light is the cause of that; clams will seemingly do well until they don’t.

The clam should be fine so long as there is shell growth.

I never dealt with viral issues/parasites. I don’t QT - just inspect prior.
Great!! Thanks for the tips guys.

OP
OP
Miami Reef

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys,

I made this super new and informative article based on chemistory: alkalinity - why it rises in some tanks.

I submitted it as an article. I noticed that one of the biggest trolls, tehmadreefer, put a laughing reaction. Making my hard work look like a piece of joke.

Can I ask you guys to read it? If you like it, it would be awesome to put a reaction on it to drown out the hate. That user has something against me for a long time.

But anyway, here’s the newest (hopefully future) article I made!!! Im SO proud and nervous about putting it out in the world! https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/the-ways-alkalinity-can-accumulate-in-a-reef-tank.946377/

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys,

I made this super new and informative article based on chemistory: alkalinity - why it rises in some tanks.

I submitted it as an article. I noticed that one of the biggest trolls, tehmadreefer, put a laughing reaction. Making my hard work look like a piece of joke.

Can I ask you guys to read it? If you like it, it would be awesome to put a reaction on it to drown out the hate. That user has something against me for a long time.

But anyway, here’s the newest (hopefully future) article I made!!! Im SO proud and nervous about putting it out in the world! https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/the-ways-alkalinity-can-accumulate-in-a-reef-tank.946377/
It’s a shame to see that, however that was an extremely informative read!! Great article :)

Back