Miami LFS and others ...

Sea MunnKey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heya All,

Will be heading to Miami for a couple days and wondering if anyone can show me the way to Miami's local LFS' and interesting food to try out? Also anything for kids as well?

What is there to do in Miami ... for about 4 days? :angel:

Thanks in advance.

Paul

fsu1dolfan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heya All,

Will be heading to Miami for a couple days and wondering if anyone can show me the way to Miami's local LFS' and interesting food to try out? Also anything for kids as well?

What is there to do in Miami ... for about 4 days? :angel:

Thanks in advance.

Paul

Where abouts in Miami?? I know of a few good places in coral gables area but if your near south beach it woud be far.

butts182

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hear the Miami zoo is a nice place to visit...you can feed giraffes by hand!! Sorry, can't help you with and LFSs though.

fsu1dolfan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Paul -

I don't know many LFS's in downtown Miami. I'll have to look around...i know https://www.reefgardener.net/shop/ is in coral gables...she might know a few in downtown. As for places to go. One of my favorite places is Crandon Park - it is a semi low key beach with kayaking, wind surfing, baseball fields, food stands, BBQ grills etc. I have gone they a bunch and since you have to pay like $5-$10 a car it's less crowded which is awesome. You also have the take the rickenbacker causeway which i think is a $1.50 to get across (only one way..way out if free lol). Here's a link for the address: Crandon Park - Key Biscayne, FL

Miami Seaquarium is near by Crandon park....and Miami Science Museum is another fun place for little ones and has a planetarium.

Miami Metro Zoo is a little far but a nice place to go. Here's another link with some more info on some places: Top Ten Things To Do in Miami, Florida

fsu1dolfan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
your best bet would be to drive up and visit coral reef farm in ft lauderdale. Most of the stores in miami either have garbage with high prices or nice stuff with outrageous prices.

This should help you out a little! lol

Florida Marine Aquarium Society - LFS Finder

Sick link keith!! I'm gonna post that on my online thread for reference! As for coral reef farm, I agree it's one of my faves!! If your willing to drive Paul its probably 25-30 mins from downtown depending on traffic!!

Last edited:

ReefDreams

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
coral reef farm is really worth the trip, and it would probably be easy for you to find being that its right off the I-95. I would take the kids to the metro zoo if you have time, it's really nice there. you can also take them to the the miami seaquarium which is alright but you can swim with the dolphins there. If you need any help with anything shoot me a pm. good luck

OP
OP
Sea MunnKey

Sea MunnKey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Coral Reef Farm would be a consideration and yeah too bad ... I don't have time to check out WWC in Orlando though. Looking for local famous eatery as well ...

Thanks for all the input ... everybody!!

Paul

macawmagic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
there's an ice cream store right by CRF. I forget what it's called, but it's known throughout the united states. They have a dish called the kitchen sink! Literally a kitchen sink filled with ice cream! I'm lactose intollerant, but i have eaten there before!

OP
OP
Sea MunnKey

Sea MunnKey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
there's an ice cream store right by CRF. I forget what it's called, but it's known throughout the united states. They have a dish called the kitchen sink! Literally a kitchen sink filled with ice cream! I'm lactose intollerant, but i have eaten there before!

Hey macawmagic,

I think I know that ice cream place after watching it on Man vs. Food host Adam Richman consuming the "Kitchen Sink" multi gallon ice cream ... egads!!! Now we're talking .... :xd:!!

Thx,
Paul

fsu1dolfan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

OMG yeah Jackson's is a GREAT place located at Dania Beach....Kind of near Coral Reef Farm!! Here is the link for more information!! Highly recommend!
Jaxson's Ice Cream Parlour and Restaurant in Dania Beach, Florida

OP
OP
Sea MunnKey

Sea MunnKey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
:tongue: ... Jaxson's Ice Cream Parlour and Restaurant in Dania Beach huh? ... at least I can say "We Waz Dhere!! ...:neutral:!!" Hope we can make it there ... :angel:

Thx again.

Paul

ReefDreams

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you can afford it i would check out councal oak at if you like steaks try the kobe,the also have some great king crab legs.

OP
OP
Sea MunnKey

Sea MunnKey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you can afford it i would check out councal oak at if you like steaks try the kobe,the also have some great king crab legs.

Honestly the more recommendations I gather from here .... would definitely give it a shot if I can get the chance!! My kids love King Crab legs ...

Paul

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back