Miami Reef’s First Nano SPS Tank! 20 Gallon Long!

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is excellent. I’ve been stuck with very large aquariums for all my reefing life, but I've always wanted a fully stocked stony nano tank. Something about filling it to the brim without busting the bank, and not worrying if plumbing/pumps/leaks will happen one day. I don’t even need a chiller on it! This nano is a dream for me and my anxieties of losing my corals from an inevitable pump failure are long gone!

So without further ado, here’s a new nano tank:

48878509-3490-4D32-B170-81B37594D823.jpeg

Tank: 20 gallon long from LFS
Lighting: 1 Ai Hydra 52 HD
HOB filter with activated carbon
Marine land diatom filter
Basic heater
Kaomer dosing pumps - Randy’s DIY Recipe 2 part with calcium carbonate and sodium hydroxide
Salt: Instant Ocean Purple bucket.

I had all these corals and inverts in my main display (which is now a FOWLR). I moved them into this tank with a live rock. :)

OP
OP
Miami Reef

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great! Are these the corals you had to remove from your big tank?
Thank you. And yes, everything in this tank was from my now FOWLR tank (I had other LPS and leathers too that I sold to LFS).

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 4.5%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 39 59.1%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 17 25.8%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 7.6%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 2 3.0%
Back