Michael’s 140g kind of shallow sps build. Reefing in Sweden

Janci

Staghorns will prevail
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you know what spectrum it had? I believe Orphek will custom make their bars to whatever spectrum you like for a surcharge of like 10$ or something like that.
That would be pretty cool.
One more reason to go Orphek in the future for me.

this is me

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And this is the new tank
52028B1A-DD84-4F68-A24A-E0BBFF44B5D6.jpeg

There's something about the Geisemann Spectra fixture. It just look so right.

this is me

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DE or SE version MH? Have you tested par? The tank looks great. I have to keep my eyes away from the Regals before I get in trouble.

OP
OP
Viking_Reefing

Viking_Reefing

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DE or SE version MH? Have you tested par? The tank looks great. I have to keep my eyes away from the Regals before I get in trouble.
It’s actually an Aurora so it’s a led/T5 hybrid.
I was choosing between this one and the spectra (MH/T5) but in the end I decided to go with LED option due to heat concerns during the summer.
Not tested PAR just yet but planning to in the near future.

Nahh, keep looking. They are fantastic fish and you need one ;)

OP
OP
Viking_Reefing

Viking_Reefing

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2026E323-59E1-40C9-9E01-871275C3B2FA.jpeg

Finally got the second Orphek bar mounted to the Aurora. Couldn’t be happier with how it turned out in terms of the look of the tank.
I’m fairly confident saying that lighting shouldn’t be a limiting factor going forward :)

OP
OP
Viking_Reefing

Viking_Reefing

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A new gadget that I’m very happy with is this feeding pouch from two little fishies.
64EEF673-630C-4D1F-84B4-8B62066D2FAB.jpeg

It’s awesome to feed stuff like angel formula and other gel foods in addition to nori etc.
The pouch swivels when the fish dip at the food and when you remove the outer magnet it floats to the surface.
Highly recommended!

Janci

Staghorns will prevail
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A new gadget that I’m very happy with is this feeding pouch from two little fishies.
64EEF673-630C-4D1F-84B4-8B62066D2FAB.jpeg

It’s awesome to feed stuff like angel formula and other gel foods in addition to nori etc.
The pouch swivels when the fish dip at the food and when you remove the outer magnet it floats to the surface.
Highly recommended!

Those are the best.
Your fish look great.

OP
OP
Viking_Reefing

Viking_Reefing

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those are the best.
Your fish look great.
Thanks man! Everyone seems to be getting along now after the idol threw everything in to disarray for a bit.
I was actually kind of worried about the idol, it hurt its eye, I’m guessing from being bullied by the regal. It didn’t look that great for a bit but thankfully it’s almost healed.

hwastesson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks good! Considering adding 2 Orpheks as well. Are those the OR2 Blue plus or OR3 Reef day plus? Ordered from Företagsakvarium?

OP
OP
Viking_Reefing

Viking_Reefing

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks good! Considering adding 2 Orpheks as well. Are those the OR2 Blue plus or OR3 Reef day plus? Ordered from Företagsakvarium?

They are both the OR3 blue plus.
I ordered them straight through Orphek. The price was about 1500SEK from them vs 2400SEK through företagsakvarium. Even with the customs fee it ended up being much cheaper and delivery was about two weeks.

hwastesson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are both the OR3 blue plus.
I ordered them straight through Orphek. The price was about 1500SEK from them vs 2400SEK through företagsakvarium. Even with the customs fee it ended up being much cheaper and delivery was about two weeks.
That’s good to know, thanks!

OP
OP
Viking_Reefing

Viking_Reefing

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tank seems to be doing fairly well at the moment judging by the fact that the alk consumption has started to increase by a lot. I think the two contributing factors are that the tank has started to recover from the transfer and the addition of the Orphek bars. The corals really seem to have responded well to the addition.

I was very close to convincing myself to pick up a indo gold torch last weekend but seeing that our daughter are about to be borne any day now and that I’ve just spent a bunch of money on my home gym made me see sense....and they are about 300$ a head here in Sweden. I’ll get one in due time but just not now.

813E5907-D090-47C7-8A45-217DB225FF57.jpeg

CCDC8679-C4C2-4C04-B8D8-E47ED29E4F0A.jpeg

A29C7105-732C-4182-A428-3C055C543843.jpeg

768ECAE6-8447-4690-BC5F-AF2ABE987A46.jpeg

58AAC56E-8B05-4C1F-AEB9-3E5A02F90C44.jpeg

7BF38344-0608-444A-BE50-16D88CA3C30B.jpeg

6EF52C92-D962-40B1-A19D-9BC5B8626F65.jpeg

I’m fixing up the other part of the room over the weekend and it’s nice to have the tank to look at whilst I’m tearing down old wallpaper and fixing damages on the walls.
That part of the room will be our media/gaming room with a big TV and good sound system. Should be one of the better rooms of the house when it’s done:D
B4E74810-89EF-4AC1-B563-57E5BBFDF22D.jpeg

Janci

Staghorns will prevail
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Indeed!
Yeah, the wife was of no help at all unfortunately in warding stupid purchases, all she said was “if you want it, get it”...the hormones must be getting to her.

“if you want it, get it”
That are dangerous words, especially if they are followed with that "look".
I remember to have learned to talk about baby things only in the last weeks.

OP
OP
Viking_Reefing

Viking_Reefing

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would love some input on my scape, not one of my strong points hehe.
I’m thinking of removing some a rock or two and place some sort of prefabricated reef pillar on the far left (when the frogspawn currently sits) to create some more variation to the scape. What do you guys think of that idea?

I’ve set myself a challenge for the coming year: our daughter arrived over the weekend (she’s super healthy and very chill so we’re extremely happy) and now my wife will be on maternity leave for the coming year.
That means that funds are definitely going to be more restricted than before (strange system we have here in Sweden. if you have a decent wage you pay exorbitant amount of taxes but the wage cap for maternity leave is set fairly low...yay) so the challenge is that the only money I can buy fish or corals with is money generated from selling frags. Should be interesting!

hwastesson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would love some input on my scape, not one of my strong points hehe.
I’m thinking of removing some a rock or two and place some sort of prefabricated reef pillar on the far left (when the frogspawn currently sits) to create some more variation to the scape. What do you guys think of that idea?

I’ve set myself a challenge for the coming year: our daughter arrived over the weekend (she’s super healthy and very chill so we’re extremely happy) and now my wife will be on maternity leave for the coming year.
That means that funds are definitely going to be more restricted than before (strange system we have here in Sweden. if you have a decent wage you pay exorbitant amount of taxes but the wage cap for maternity leave is set fairly low...yay) so the challenge is that the only money I can buy fish or corals with is money generated from selling frags. Should be interesting!

Maybe try building some pillars on you own? I bought some Marco-ish rocks, broke them down with a hammer and chisel, pieced them together with glue and AF Stonefix into some interesting shapes. Wasn't too time consuming nor expensive, actually not that difficult either.

Janci

Staghorns will prevail
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congratulations on your daughter. I am glad to hear she is well and healthy.
I like the idea of a pillar, but would avoid putting it in the far corner. I believe visually it will look better to put it at around 2/3 as it will draw attention to the rest of the practically even scape.

I love the scape as it is now. Maybe, you can get a staghorn or other vertical growing coral instead?

Back