Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very pleased with this brand.
Not expensive and works perfect.
1615916810227934823008.jpg
Thanks buddy! Do you use it to feed water through your calcium reactor?

You’ve got a stunning tank by the way!

OP
OP
Viking_Reefing

Viking_Reefing

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been slightly annoyed about the amount of clutter on my sand bed lately so to remedy this I built a reef pillar to replace some useless rock that wasn’t good for placing corals.
1616480040385.jpeg
I suck at this but I think it came out alright
1616480084625.jpeg

Finished result

In other news I just bought a deltec kalk stirrer and going to be feeding it with a Grotech SP4800, should be sweet :)

Janci

Staghorns will prevail
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been slightly annoyed about the amount of clutter on my sand bed lately so to remedy this I built a reef pillar to replace some useless rock that wasn’t good for placing corals.

In other news I just bought a deltec kalk stirrer and going to be feeding it with a Grotech SP4800, should be sweet :)
Nice real estate addition.

I was checking back in the thread about the kalkstirrer comments. How much of the Essential Pro are you using at the moment?

Janci

Staghorns will prevail
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A little Friday movie. Some corals got a bit ticked after moving things around last weekend but now PE and color seemed to be back to normal :)

Looking good.
Interesting to see what changes the kalkwasser will give in the dosing system

OP
OP
Viking_Reefing

Viking_Reefing

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice fish! The goldflake is a great addition. You have a lot of fish that are on my list as well.
Thanks! I think it should complement the other fish nicely :)
The only bad thing about “finishing” you list is that now you can’t really rationalize any and all purchases haha.

OP
OP
Viking_Reefing

Viking_Reefing

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of the most difficult to keep as well :)
Having kept a couple I actually don’t fully agree with that (if you get a specimen who isn’t half-dead when it gets to the LFS).

I think the main issue is that people don’t realize how much food these guys need to keep healthy. They’re just eating machines.
I feed my tank a generous amount of flakes/pellets 4 times a day, nori most days, 4-6 cubes of frozen every evening and this guy could still go for more.

Janci

Staghorns will prevail
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great fish.
How is the kalkwasser set up doing?
Could you lower the kh dosing and do you see a difference in pH?

OP
OP
Viking_Reefing

Viking_Reefing

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did some PAR measurements on the tank yesterday:

I’m not surprised overall but I would have thought that the sides would sit at around 100-150 par. I’m debating lowering the intensity a bit for some LPS corals but on the other hand I’m very happy with my numbers overall. My euphyllias and gonis seems to be doing fine but I guess it could be an issue with newly introduced corals.
Any thoughts?

Smirkish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you doing any kind of a lighting acclimation period for the corals you introduce? If not, they could just be trying to adjust to the lights in your setup. Since your post is older, how did they end up doing? Your tank is gorgeous! I like that you added the pillar in, as well. The additional height gives it more depth, IMO. Draws your gaze into the tank more.

OP
OP
Viking_Reefing

Viking_Reefing

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you doing any kind of a lighting acclimation period for the corals you introduce? If not, they could just be trying to adjust to the lights in your setup. Since your post is older, how did they end up doing? Your tank is gorgeous! I like that you added the pillar in, as well. The additional height gives it more depth, IMO. Draws your gaze into the tank more.
Thank you buddy! I didn’t actually have any new corals, merely speculating if it could become a problem for lower light corals.
I don’t mess with my lights at all for stability’s sake.
New arrivals are generally placed on the perimeters where it’s not that bright :)

Glad you like the tank! I’m very happy with the pillar as well.
I am however debating if I should give the huge purple valida on the right side a very heavy trimming, it’s starting to mess with the overall look of the tank.

OP
OP
Viking_Reefing

Viking_Reefing

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There has been some decent progression over the last 8 months that the tank has been up and running. The tank is close to being full, even though I’ve been fragging a lot, so I either need to get in there and do some serious trimming or get a bigger tank haha.

Janci

Staghorns will prevail
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There has been some decent progression over the last 8 months that the tank has been up and running. The tank is close to being full, even though I’ve been fragging a lot, so I either need to get in there and do some serious trimming or get a bigger tank haha.

We can give our opinion, but is it really necessary....?

Back