Viking_reefing’s 1000L upgrade. Risky fish and sps in Sweden.

OP
OP
Viking_Reefing

Viking_Reefing

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right. Since I’m apparently a sucker for punishment I’ve started a new project: keeping obligate corallivore butterflies.

I managed to acquire a trifasciatus and melapterus in good condition straight from an exporter in Kenya and I’m seeing some initial success.

At first I kept them in my observation tank just to make sure there here no issues with flukes/velvet/uronema. Did several fw and formalin dips and nothing came of. The Arabian has a wound on its side which is concerning (it’s not uronema) but I think it’s starting to improve.

They are now bit in my DT and I’ve sectioned of a corner to keep them on their own whilst I train them in to prepared foods.
1711083154994.jpeg

Like I said I’m seeing some initial success. They are both feeding fairly well on oysters and clams. The Arabian also eats masstick and angel formula. They have pecked at pellets but no great interest as of yet.

1711083292854.jpeg

Wish me luck!

NanoJHB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Butterfly fish are some of my all time favorite marine fish. Wish you all the best with them, one day I'd love to follow in your footsteps :)

OP
OP
Viking_Reefing

Viking_Reefing

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful fish. I hope they do well in your tank.
As do I mate!
Butterfly fish are some of my all time favorite marine fish. Wish you all the best with them, one day I'd love to follow in your footsteps :)
Mine as well. I sure hope I can manage to achieve some long term success with these things.
They are progressively getting better at feeding. Now they are devouring oysters :)

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 41 36.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 33 29.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back