Viking_reefing’s 1000L upgrade. Risky fish and sps in Sweden.

Viking_Reefing

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi!

I’m on paternity leave which in Sweden means that you’re away from work for a stupid amount of time and I need something to do! Why not get a new tank?!
The focus will mainly be non-generic fish and sps.

I got my current custom 540L tank (150x70x50) just over a year ago so the dang thing has just hit its prime when im going to tear it all down haha!

Here’s the tank as it’s looking today (and you can check out my build thread on here):

The new tank will be a custom build from Diamant aquarien out of Germany and it will be just over a 1000L with the dimensions 200x80x65 with a shadow overflow.
1632166702334.jpeg

I just started work on the stand last night. It has to be built in the room as the tank will be in the basement and the stand wouldn’t fit through the door.
1632166925181.jpeg

This is what I imagine the finished product will look like:
1632166889782.jpeg

The room to the left is already a dedicated fish room that houses the sump for my current tank (and all the “aquarium crap” like my wife puts it). All I have to do is drill some new holes for the plumbing and replace the sump with a bigger one.

Unfortunately I’m going to have to move my current tank to be able to put the new one in place. It’s going to be a pain to have to tear down the old tank and do the transfer on the same day but oh well.
The new tank will arrive in about three weeks so I still have some time to plan it all out.

In terms of equipment I will keep some of my current stuff and upgrade/add to some categories.

Lighting: The new Giesemann aurora V8. 8x80w T5’s and 5x95w led clusters.

Flow: 2x gyres 250/Tunze wavebox 6215 from my current tank and two new Octo pulse 4’s (I wanted some Tunze stream 3+ as well but Tunze couldn’t say when they would be available so that’s a future addition).
Return is a maxspect duo.

Skimmer: Bubble king supermarin 250 RD3 speedy

UV: TMC pro pond 110w (I’ll use my current 40w delte

Ozone: Sander 200

Controller: Profilux 4

Kalk stirrer: Deltec KM500 feed with a Grotech 4800sp

Doser: Coral box WiFi (will be upgraded to a GHL in due time)

Heaters: Eheim

Mechanical filtration: clarisea sk5000

In terms of fish the current stock list consists of: achilles, moorish idol, regal angel, copperband butterfly, goldflake angel, majestic angel, black cap basslet, cleaner wrasse, purple tang and some other bits and bobs.

Plans for stocking so far includes;
Blue-spotted ribbon tail stingray (I’ve kept a bunch of predators as well as FW stingrays in the past so hopefully imup to the challenge)

Trio of pyramid butterfly’s

A bunch of chromis and anthias.

The next step is to finish the stand for the tank and get started on the stand for the sump.

I think that’s all for tonight. Any input is of course appreciated :)

OP
OP
Viking_Reefing

Viking_Reefing

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just received some pictures of the tank from the builder. The only thing that is left for them to do is to glue the bracing on the sides.

1633455856245.jpeg

1633455868304.jpeg

1633455880501.jpeg

The tank won’t fit down the stairs if the overflow is attached so I’ll have to do that part myself when it gets here.
1633455925324.jpeg

Hopefully it will ship this week so that I can start work on the plumbing etc next week :)

Just a Wrasse.

The biggest wrasse fan.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi!

I’m on paternity leave which in Sweden means that you’re away from work for a stupid amount of time and I need something to do! Why not get a new tank?!
The focus will mainly be non-generic fish and sps.

I got my current custom 540L tank (150x70x50) just over a year ago so the dang thing has just hit its prime when im going to tear it all down haha!

Here’s the tank as it’s looking today (and you can check out my build thread on here):

The new tank will be a custom build from Diamant aquarien out of Germany and it will be just over a 1000L with the dimensions 200x80x65 with a shadow overflow.
1632166702334.jpeg

I just started work on the stand last night. It has to be built in the room as the tank will be in the basement and the stand wouldn’t fit through the door.
1632166925181.jpeg

This is what I imagine the finished product will look like:
1632166889782.jpeg

The room to the left is already a dedicated fish room that houses the sump for my current tank (and all the “aquarium crap” like my wife puts it). All I have to do is drill some new holes for the plumbing and replace the sump with a bigger one.

Unfortunately I’m going to have to move my current tank to be able to put the new one in place. It’s going to be a pain to have to tear down the old tank and do the transfer on the same day but oh well.
The new tank will arrive in about three weeks so I still have some time to plan it all out.

In terms of equipment I will keep some of my current stuff and upgrade/add to some categories.

Lighting: The new Giesemann aurora V8. 8x80w T5’s and 5x95w led clusters.

Flow: 2x gyres 250/Tunze wavebox 6215 from my current tank and two new Octo pulse 4’s (I wanted some Tunze stream 3+ as well but Tunze couldn’t say when they would be available so that’s a future addition).
Return is a maxspect duo.

Skimmer: Bubble king supermarin 250 RD3 speedy

UV: TMC pro pond 110w (I’ll use my current 40w delte

Ozone: Sander 200

Controller: Profilux 4

Kalk stirrer: Deltec KM500 feed with a Grotech 4800sp

Doser: Coral box WiFi (will be upgraded to a GHL in due time)

Heaters: Eheim

Mechanical filtration: clarisea sk5000

In terms of fish the current stock list consists of: achilles, moorish idol, regal angel, copperband butterfly, goldflake angel, majestic angel, black cap basslet, cleaner wrasse, purple tang and some other bits and bobs.

Plans for stocking so far includes;
Blue-spotted ribbon tail stingray (I’ve kept a bunch of predators as well as FW stingrays in the past so hopefully imup to the challenge)

Trio of pyramid butterfly’s

A bunch of chromis and anthias.

The next step is to finish the stand for the tank and get started on the stand for the sump.

I think that’s all for tonight. Any input is of course appreciated :)

Congrats, but most importantly remember to show us pictures!

HK180

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bold of you to start a new tank after having a baby.

Tank looks great, can't wait to see how it comes together.

OP
OP
Viking_Reefing

Viking_Reefing

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bold of you to start a new tank after having a baby.

Tank looks great, can't wait to see how it comes together.
Thanks man! In all honesty I’ve never had this much free time on my hands
I guess being of from work will do that.
Great going so far. Nearly identical in size to what I've just received.
Thank you!
I hope you’re happy with the dimensions haha

OP
OP
Viking_Reefing

Viking_Reefing

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright, the tank just arrived!
It was shipped standing in its side so there was no way to get it inside my carport so it’s going to have to sit outside until the weekend when 2-3 friends are going to help me getting it inside.
That also means that I haven’t been able to unpack it regardless of how much my fingers are inching haha.

I’m 190cm so the tank is rather large haha
1634675941090.jpeg

OP
OP
Viking_Reefing

Viking_Reefing

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right! The tank is inside the house. It wasn’t the easiest of moves, it required removing a front door and carrying the dang thing down a fairly narrow set of stairs.
If you want to see the spectacle it’s right here:

I’ve introduced a tester frag just to make sure everything is on the up and up:
1635796619194.jpeg

Looks fairly happy in there so I think this will work.

I’ve been hit by some equipment delays so unfortunately I’m not entirely sure when I will be able to make the transfer to this tank.
And on that note I couldn’t contain myself any longer so I set up my new profilux on the current tank haha.
My first ever controller!
1635796778925.jpeg

I’ve also managed to finish the sump for the new tank:
1635796857936.jpeg

Lastly reducing 63mm down to 25mm on the UV sure does look funny
1635796934522.jpeg

The only things left to do is now to paint the back wall of the tank and then we are of to the races (if I ever get my stuff that is).

OP
OP
Viking_Reefing

Viking_Reefing

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was planning to do the transfer this weekend but unfortunately my electrician friend couldn’t make it so it’s going to have to wait until next weekend.

In terms of good new the giesemann aurora V8 has arrived and it looks stunning. Can’t wait to play with this thing!
1637945746805.jpeg

I’ve also finished the return nozzle. Loc-line is basically impossible to buy in Sweden for some reason so had to get it from Holland. Placed two random flow nozzles on there as well.
1637945851976.jpeg

I’m debating if I should plumb the UV directly in the DT rather than on the return. It should make it more effective but it will be hard to hide the pump/plumbing perhaps. Thoughts?

OP
OP
Viking_Reefing

Viking_Reefing

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here we go! The transfer took place over a very grueling weekend.
Still lots to do (scaping and wrapping the stand for one) but so far so good. Everything seems to have made it through alright.

polyppal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi!

I’m on paternity leave which in Sweden means that you’re away from work for a stupid amount of time
Come on over to America! We'll male sure you have no time to work on your tank after a pregnancy! :)

Congrats! And great tank!

Nebunu

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats on the new tank and your baby. Starting a new tank its a awesome feeling every time. I actually watched your video on youtube and now I found you here world is small hahah.

OP
OP
Viking_Reefing

Viking_Reefing

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Id take it over the crap system we have now! One hospital visit and your bankrupt here :(
Yeah, that crap is atrocious!
Congrats on the new tank and your baby. Starting a new tank its a awesome feeling every time. I actually watched your video on youtube and now I found you here world is small hahah.
Haha m, thanks man! What a coincidence :)

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 19 30.2%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 82.5%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 11.1%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.8%
Back