Viking_reefing’s 1000L upgrade. Risky fish and sps in Sweden.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So excited to see this happening!!

OP
OP
Viking_Reefing

Viking_Reefing

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Viking_Reefing

Viking_Reefing

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I managed to find the time to skin the stand last weekend. I went with a solid piece of white acrylic for the front since I basically have no need for easy access below the tank on the daily since all the equipment is my sump room.

The acrylic turned out to be a bit opaque so it was fairly funny looking before I painted the back.
1644136325116.jpeg

The magnet strips I got were freaking useless so I had to put some shims under it to stop it from sliding down.
1644136214890.jpeg

I’ve since solved that problem by getting some rare earth magnets that has a strength of 30kg each.

Unfortunately I’ve had a couple of losses the last few weeks. My idol managed to get freaked out over something, crashed in to a rock and killed itself. I also got a peppermint hogfish that’s was doing great but got sucked in to one of my octo 4’s and…yeah.

Sold of some large colonies, got a new millie and a clam as well. L

Latest YouTube video if anyone is interested

KGV

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice tank! I am eyeing the Aurora V8. What’s your experience so far?

OP
OP
Viking_Reefing

Viking_Reefing

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice tank! I am eyeing the Aurora V8. What’s your experience so far?
Thank you. I like it! I’ve had it running for about two months at this point so I believe I have enough experience with it to do a more detailed review. I’ll get to it in a little bit :)

KGV

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you. I like it! I’ve had it running for about two months at this point so I believe I have enough experience with it to do a more detailed review. I’ll get to it in a little bit.

That would be wonderful. I have my fingers on the ordering button, and not sure how long it will take you to review it, but perhaps you can give a brief 'go-for-it' or 'hold off' for the time being?

OP
OP
Viking_Reefing

Viking_Reefing

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That would be wonderful. I have my fingers on the ordering button, and not sure how long it will take you to review it, but perhaps you can give a brief 'go-for-it' or 'hold off' for the time being?
I’d say go for it. It’s a very good light :)

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this Viking Reef??

I follow your reef on instagram. Your reef is actually my inspiration! You have a seriously good taste in aesthetics! Bravo!

OP
OP
Viking_Reefing

Viking_Reefing

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this Viking Reef??

I follow your reef on instagram. Your reef is actually my inspiration! You have a seriously good taste in aesthetics! Bravo!
Hey dude! Yeah, that would be me.
Really happy to hear it! That must be the first time I’ve heard that…basically everyone on my fathers side is an artist in one way or another but I can hardly draw a straight line haha!

I like your proposed scape! As you might be able to tell I also like large open areas of sand. I think it gives the tank a much more natural look and frames the corals nicely.

Glad to have you along for the ride man :)
One bad thing about the IG thing is that I spend less time on the forums as time is fairly finite at the moment with a kid and a demanding job.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Viking_Reefing

Viking_Reefing

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh and I’m giving serious thoughts to getting a pair of these guys for the tank. I’ve been enthralled with them since diving in the Red Sea ages ago.
I know it’s one heck of a risk but I’ve seen it done and I have a lot of stuff in the tank that wouldn’t exactly be considered reef safe without any major issues.

I just need to make room for a conditioning tank in my fish room before pulling the trigger.
512ADE8F-5DFE-476A-873E-1997EE4D69D4.jpeg

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@MichaelE

Here is my scape:

21501594-5FED-48B9-B50D-462FE388AE04.jpeg

I am using an iPhone 13 pro max but I’m not sure why the photo doesn’t look as good as yours? Can you tell me what you do with your phone to be able to get nice pictures?

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 68 52.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 51.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 33 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back