Excited Season 2 GIF by The Office

MichiGang what up

ShepherdReefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! I'm currently on my second attempt at reefing: just over 1 year in on a 29 gallon mixed reef tank.

My first attempt was at age 13, back in '07/'08. Armed with only the "Saltwaterfish For Dummies" book, I started a 48 gallon bowfront tank that was given to me as a birthday present from an uncle. I was underprepared, severely underfunded, and the tank suffered a series of mishaps until I finally took it down before going to college. I converted it into a freshwater tank for my dad, and that was that.

In December of 2019 I started by 29 gallon mixed reef tank. I'll have a build thread out shortly, but overall the process has been more positive (probably because I've been more patient and better educated than when I was young). Definitely have had some difficulty with certain corals, have battled a few algae types, but overall, its been really positive!
Screen Shot 2021-01-06 at 10.08.30 AM.png

A little about me: I'm a Michigander in the US, bigtime bookworm/video game nerd, love my dog to pieces, and work in the insurance industry. I love to travel, but Michigan has so many awesome places to visit and vacation so I don't have to go far to find new, beautiful places!

My tank build thread is here if you wanna check it out!
Hello and welcome to the channel.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 43.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 21.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 31 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.2%
Back