Micro and nano bubble tank treatment

Cruz_Arias

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess I'm confused. I thought we were looking for a psi range, and isn't the aqua lifter for water, and not an air pump?

I have everything but a suitable pump.
It is a positive pressure diaphragm pump. It can pump both air or water or both. :) marketing makes people believe it can only be used for one thing. LoL

rockstarta78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The air line valve put between the air pump and the wooden air diffuser.

Place the check valve between the air line valve and the wooden air diffuser. :)
Aah got you. So that way I can control the amount and the size of the bubble. [emoji6]

rob.makowski

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is a positive pressure diaphragm pump. It can pump both air or water or both. :) marketing makes people believe it can only be used for one thing. LoL
So an aqualifter will produce enough bubbles in the appropriate size for this use?

If that's that case then I'll order one.

Cruz_Arias

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So an aqualifter will produce enough bubbles in the appropriate size for this use?

If that's that case then I'll order one.
The Aqualifter itself does not create the bubble size, however it does provide enough pressure and air volume necessary for a typical 2 inch wooden air stone for this method. :)

czhao1009

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, but you'd need to reduce the air flow considerably.

Just an airline an air pump and an airline valve is all you need for a sumpless system.

We're working on creating a diagram for this method which works just as well. :)
Hi Cruz, I wanted to get the supply ready :) besides the things you mentioned, an airstone is still needed for sumpless setup, correct?

Cruz_Arias

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Cruz, I wanted to get the supply ready :) besides the things you mentioned, an airstone is still needed for sumpless setup, correct?
Yes. The wooden air stone (preferably Oceanic) is still needed. :)

ReeferMaddness843

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unsure if due to removal of cyano or the night time scrubbing, but, my sunset Millie is showing yellower than ever color and great growth. I'm a scrubber from this point. My LPS look more inflated and happier when I thought they already looked good. Chalices especially.
January 25:
IMG_7202.JPG

Now: (well, Monday)
IMG_7296.JPG

Cruz_Arias

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unsure if due to removal of cyano or the night time scrubbing, but, my sunset Millie is showing yellower than ever color and great growth. I'm a scrubber from this point. My LPS look more inflated and happier when I thought they already looked good. Chalices especially.
January 25:
IMG_7202.JPG

Now: (well, Monday)
IMG_7296.JPG
Yes! Even if they are all coincidences, isn't it strange how they all coincide with the start and continuation of bubbling? :)

BTW, your corals look gorgeous!

rob.makowski

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I got my Aqualifter today, and hooked everything up. I placed the airstone in first part of my baffles/bubble trap before my return pump section of my sump. You can see this in my first image.
zp0Cg7Xl.jpg

The second image shows the baffles from the side, and some of the smaller bubbles are making their way under the middle baffle, and ending up in the return section.
ehc922vl.jpg

My problem is that there doesn't seem to be enough small bubbles that are making into the return pump, and I'm not seeing the "fog" that I was expecting to see in the display upstairs. If I place the airstone in the return section, my ATO goes crazy from all the surface movement of the water. I'm at a loss here. What am I doing wrong? Do I need to move the stone closer to the return pump? Should I get a better valve for controlling the bubbles? I have something like this: https://www.walmart.com/ip/2Pcs-5mm...arium-Air-Flow-Control-Valves-White/165821213.

Cruz_Arias

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I got my Aqualifter today, and hooked everything up. I placed the airstone in first part of my baffles/bubble trap before my return pump section of my sump. You can see this in my first image.
zp0Cg7Xl.jpg

The second image shows the baffles from the side, and some of the smaller bubbles are making their way under the middle baffle, and ending up in the return section.
ehc922vl.jpg

My problem is that there doesn't seem to be enough small bubbles that are making into the return pump, and I'm not seeing the "fog" that I was expecting to see in the display upstairs. If I place the airstone in the return section, my ATO goes crazy from all the surface movement of the water. I'm at a loss here. What am I doing wrong? Do I need to move the stone closer to the return pump? Should I get a better valve for controlling the bubbles? I have something like this: https://www.walmart.com/ip/2Pcs-5mm...arium-Air-Flow-Control-Valves-White/165821213.
That last baffle that flows up before entering the return pump chamber is rising the smaller bubbles up to the surface.

Try putting it in the upflow section of the baffle before the return pump chamber.

rob.makowski

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@rob.makowski

If you could, remove this section.

2017-02-16 22.06.52.jpg
So I took that baffle out of the sump. I have the air stone in the same place as before. I'm still not getting the "fog" in my display. I don't know if not enough bubbles are getting sucked into the return pump, or I'm doing so.ethi get else wrong. One thing I have noticed, is that I have to have to air stone on the opposite side (from to back) from the return pump. The air stone is creating such as up draft in the baffle, that the bubbles have to move across the sump to actually get sucked under and have the possibility of getting into the return.

I'm sort of at a loss. I've removed all valves from the airline feeding the air stone, and I'm running a intake to fresh air. Any other suggestions?

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 129 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back