Micro bubbles how to deal with them?

Oscar Bravo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am getting a lot of micro bubbles on my live rock. I think I am getting some algae that I cant see yeah and I am also getting a little cyano bacteria. I have lots of flow on my SPS but bubbles will not come off. I do have nitrate that I can never lower. Test say about 20-25 on nitrate. No matter the water changes. Now, I have chemiclean for the red cyano but I am worry about losing my acros. Should I use it?

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please post an image if able.

When I use Chemiclean, I add a secondary O2 source per the instructions, you really need to add a pump and air stone. I vacuum out what existing cyano I can, add product and supplementary O2, wait 48 hours, do a 10-20 percent wc and run new charcoal. I have used this product multiple times with sps without issue.

Dawgvet

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have also used Chemiclean with Acros and had no problem. As Tahoe61 stated, follow instructions to a “T” and make sure to add oxygen to tank. Besides using a wood air stone, I also removed the collection cup from my skimmer and continued to run it without the cup. This also provided extra O2. You really want small air bubbles being provided by the air pump, that’s why a wooden air stone works better IMO.

OP
OP
Oscar Bravo

Oscar Bravo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please post an image if able.

When I use Chemiclean, I add a secondary O2 source per the instructions, you really need to add a pump and air stone. I vacuum out what existing cyano I can, add product and supplementary O2, wait 48 hours, do a 10-20 percent wc and run new charcoal. I have used this product multiple times with sps without issue.

Micro bubbles are gone now. Just did Chemiclean yesterday. I still have cyano. I don’t have a second source of O2 so I just did it. I can’t turn on my skimmer because it goes crazy. I already lost a small acro colony yesterday and I think it’s becuase algae bacteria is suffocating my acros starting from the center of the coral. Yeah that was another topic I had posted. Some jelly looking algae/ bacteria was growing in 2 of my sps killing the skin. Both came back after I blew it of and dip. But one just RTN on me yesterday. Maybe it was the same reason or maybe not, I don’t know what caused the RTN.

This pic shows the jelly on the acro. It made it back.

AEB85D45-FDF3-4CF9-8305-59C0F8D38CA2.jpeg

OP
OP
Oscar Bravo

Oscar Bravo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have also used Chemiclean with Acros and had no problem. As Tahoe61 stated, follow instructions to a “T” and make sure to add oxygen to tank. Besides using a wood air stone, I also removed the collection cup from my skimmer and continued to run it without the cup. This also provided extra O2. You really want small air bubbles being provided by the air pump, that’s why a wooden air stone works better IMO.

Good idea, I will turn my skimmer without the cup.

Back