Micro bubbles in tank

Makalas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone once again. Finally my tank cycled and I got to little clown fish for starters. So fa so good.

newbie question here

At the same time I turned on skimmer and find loads of bubbles are in the sump and tank. Am i doing something wrong‍♂️ how to eliminate them. I know akimmer suppose to make bubbles but should they escape skimmer chamber so much.
Bubble magus curve5

I made sump myself. It has baffles to return pump section. Under, over, under but there are so many bubbles none of them being caught.
It feels like i did not do somet
Few photos for reference. Any advise welcome and thank you

940A062D-0E78-4581-9AF3-13E783188D05.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_1972.MOV
    33.6 MB

Gianluca

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone once again. Finally my tank cycled and I got to little clown fish for starters. So fa so good.

newbie question here

At the same time I turned on skimmer and find loads of bubbles are in the sump and tank. Am i doing something wrong‍♂️ how to eliminate them. I know akimmer suppose to make bubbles but should they escape skimmer chamber so much.
Bubble magus curve5

I made sump myself. It has baffles to return pump section. Under, over, under but there are so many bubbles none of them being caught.

From what I’ve heard skimmers need to “break in” and will release many micro bubbles at the start and the amount will surely reduce over time

OP
OP
M

Makalas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for response. Yeah reading a lot about it. Never had reef tank so not sure what is normal.

i thought if i need i will make adjustments to my sump but i guess maybe i just need to wait a little while

T-J

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let it run for a few days and just take the collection part off and let it overflow into the sump. After that, put it back on and dial it in. Make sure your skimmer is in the right amount of water.

Viva'sReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0

newbie question here

Bubble magus curve5

Most likely just the break in period. Needs to get a slime coat built up before it starts to function properly. If it's overflowing the collection cup right now I suggest taking the cup off the top and just letting is spill over into your sump for a few days. Also make sure that your skimmer is sitting in no more than 9.5" - 11" of water. Looks like you have it on a stand but double check the height. In the picture it looks like it's above the markings on the side of the skimmer which usually indicate the sweet spot for water height

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what they said plus, dial the air back a lot as well

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yes, is there a dial on the air intake to reduce the amount of air going into the pump? most skimmers now have one, if not it isnt hard to add an inline air valve for like $2

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 45 35.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back