Micro Care

colinadam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Everyone,

So I just placed an order for my first Micromussa.

Anyone have any feeding tips? Do they expand tentacles like an Acan Lord?

What does everyone feed (Mysis, Cyclopzeez, etc...)?

Thanks for any help.

-Colin

epidemic

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just like little lords, but they can take more light. Cyclop-eeze and mysis, which ever it will take. I feed individual polyps by hand with a transfer pipet

epidemic

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your looking for more I have a nice pack up for auction;)

epidemic

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kind of ironic considering he's banned from RC and has to have other people post stuff for sale there for him, and then the local club site only allows for sale stuff in the members only. So he uses my site to pimp his goods, but I can't even purchase them.

That's kind of rough man! My thread was locked within like 5 mins of asking so nothing came of that. I dont even post Micros on TRT as that are behind the times, nice folks though. Kind of hoping I could stall until your purple haze was big enough to frag;)

J

JnS

View Badges
Kind of ironic considering he's banned from RC and has to have other people post stuff for sale there for him, and then the local club site only allows for sale stuff in the members only. So he uses my site to pimp his goods, but I can't even purchase them.

lets not bring up the lcoal site...there is enough drama there for years to come :lol:

J

JnS

View Badges
That's kind of rough man! My thread was locked within like 5 mins of asking so nothing came of that. I dont even post Micros on TRT as that are behind the times, nice folks though. Kind of hoping I could stall until your purple haze was big enough to frag;)

quit hoarding all the micro's :lol:

epidemic

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is all your fault JNS!!!!! I got my first ones from you!

OP
OP
colinadam

colinadam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just ordered it last night from Ultimate Frags (If you check out his site it is under Ultimate Exotics, very last frag, called a polar extreme micro, very cool looking. He was going to try to get it out today so I will have it Tuesday or if he ships on Tuesday I will have it Wendsday).

I'm excited, my first Micro :)

(I also got the Moon Crater Blasto under his LPS section, some Black Widow Palys, Ultimate Orange Evolution Palys).

I'm a blasto freak, This will be my fourth.

Now since you guys are Micro experts, I have a 20 gallon high and a 106 Watt PC light above it. I can either have it on the sandbed or up higher close to the light.
Where would everyone place it?

epidemic

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive been holiding out on the local for a while, just ask Jerry. I think he is accusing me of hoarding for the same reason. Been trying to trade more then sell, anything I do on ebay usually ends up back there before I see it. DAM PP!

epidemic

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have mine about 15" under a 400W 20K halide. They love it. I have also heard of people growing them under only actinic VHOs, producing unnatural colors to scam people , cough cough, BAEstard! They can adapt to pretty much any light.

OP
OP
colinadam

colinadam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's never going to work in that setup. I suggest just having him ship those seperately to me and I'll hold them for you till you upgrade.. :lol:

But seriously though, I would probably put them in the sandbed to start... in low to medium flow.. But I'm far from an expert, so hopefully more people will chime in.

lol, this is my upgrade, my other setup is a stock 24 gallon NanoCube DX.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 38 44.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 23.3%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 30.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.3%
Back