Micro Rocks Available now in limited numbers.

gooch

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I know rising gas prices, rising shipping prices and rising are bringing us all down. That is why we are happy to bring this to all of you. It is the newest member of our Basic Line. Now I had some of these at Macna last year and we pretty much sold out of them. We now have some available in limited amounts.

First is our Micro Rock 4 (MR-4). This is as basic as they come. A ceramic four hole Micro Plug Frag Station. These will hold four micro plugs flush at the surface. Great for a small colony of zoanthids. Just let the colony grow across the rock. Then pop the micro plug out and replace it with another one. The zoanthids will grow right over the new plug. No glue....no zoanthid coming off the plug from a bad glue job and pretty much little effort to propagate a coral. It can be kept in your display tank and will offer pretty much continues propagation with minimal effect to the look of the colony. A razor blade may be needed to cut the plug from the colony matt but the hole goes completely through the rock so the plug can be pushed out from the bottom. These are already being sold in England and we are shipping another batch there soon. So we made a few extras to offer to our customers here. They are $8 each and come with four plugs. Additional plugs can be purchased for $15 per 100 count bag. They will fit inside a 5"x3.5"x2" footprint. They are made by hand so all of them will vary a little bit.

Micro Rock 8 (MR-8) is the same principle but looks a little nicer. They are actually great in tanks with gobies. The added holes provide a home for smaller fish. My LFS even has freshwater hobbyists buying these for their tanks. It is gonna be a popular item. They will fit inside a footprint of 6"x6"x3". They will vary in size as this is also a hand made product. They come with eight micro plugs. The price is $18 each. We have a good inventory on these.

Micro Rock 12 (MR-12) is just a larger version of the MR-8 with 12 holes for micro plugs. Twelve micro plugs come with the structure. It is a hand made structure that fits in an 8x6x3.5" footprint and comes with 12 micro plugs. Price is $28.00

As always shipping is a flat rate $10 on all orders under $135 with free shipping on retail orders $135 or more.

Last edited:
OP
gooch

gooch

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
MR-4's are all spoken for. There are some invoices that have not been paid yet but it doesn't matter. I accidentally oversold them and the rest are being sent to England. If you have an invoice out there your product is secured for you. Again we are out of Micro Rock 4's.

Sorry about that. They sold a lot faster than I thought they would.

Scott

OP
gooch

gooch

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Any idea when more MR4's will be available.

Honestly, I had made forty of them for my vendor in England probably three months back. It is actually a product he had asked me to make for him. They were for his next order. He then ordered 40 more to go out next week. So I made fifty of them. Thinking I had 40 of them already I could just roll these out with the MR-8 and MR-12. Don't you know it I went to pack his order today and it is nowhere to be found. I must have shipped it out to him previously or I am going to find it an hour after it ships out. So I have to make more. Maybe two weeks or sooner if I find the misplaced ones.

OP
gooch

gooch

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Do you have any pics of these with zoas growing on them?

To answer your question.....no. But there will be soon enough.

The only place I sold these before I announced this was at Macna last year to get a feel for how people would react to them. Everything else shipped to Europe as this was actually a product made for my vendor over there. The MR-4's sell well over there but the MR-8's sell a little slower(they didn't get any 12's). I think they cost a bit more over there with duties and shipping costs so the 4's have a more attractive price point. I just shipped a small order of plugs to them today and it cost over $3 a pound just for shipping and with the duty it is almost as much as they pay for them wholesale. In my trial sale at Macna the 8's and 16's(we cut it down to 12 to make it a little less costly) were bigger sellers and the MR-4's were slow sellers. The LFS has a few in the fish systems at the store but none in the coral system(they just don't have the room). Honestly they are brand new but they are made from the same material as all our other saltwater products. They basically work just like our Big Uns and Chalice Domes. Just a smaller version of it. Before this we actually only sold about 30 of them in the states. I wanted to build a large inventory on these before I started selling them but temptation just wouldn't let me.

OP
gooch

gooch

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I'd want a mr8 as well or 2

Just send me a PM with what you want and include your paypal address or e-mail address and I will send you an invoice.

Thanks Scott

OP
gooch

gooch

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I have (two) MR-12's left and about (50) MR-8's left. That will be all the MR-12's I will have for at least two to three weeks. I do have more MR-8's drying that may be ready next week. But our numbers are solid there. I had made way more eights made.

Scott
The Alternative Reef

Last edited:

Do you use any type of LIQUID additives, supplements, foods, medicine etc. for you reef aquarium?

• Yes LIQUID

Votes: 329 89.2%
  • NO

Votes: 31 8.4%
  • Yes but not a LIQUID

Votes: 6 1.6%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 3 0.8%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors