Microscopic View of my Diatoms and Dinos

exprobratio

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to share my slides of the stuff growing in my tank. Tank is only 4 months old and I'm dealing with diatoms and possibly some Dino. Took some video of the slides and you can definitely see the pennate diatoms nicely and then I'm thinking some dinoflagellates.....maybe Ostreopsis given their tumbling movement? Not really sure if they are Dinos honestly though. What's everyone else think?

1000x Microscope view

250x Microscope view

BanjoBandito

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s not ostreo, coolia….where in the tank is it?

my science jargon is bad. These are “zoomies”. I think it’s small cell Amph. Is it on the sand bed and rocks?

OP
OP
exprobratio

exprobratio

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My credibility is from literally having 5 types of dinos at once in a nano, but nobody gave me an award.
Lol! nice....and your still keeping a tank! So there's hope still. This sample was taken from on top of that gyre pump at night. Its hard to say if its a big dino problem because I definitely have diatoms that cover the sand bed and rocks a little and will build up on the glass pretty quickly.

My nitrates are 0.4ppm and phosphate 0.02ppm so was going to raise those nitrates up to 5 and see.

IMG_1821.png

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 30.4%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 24.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 26.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back