Mid-Michigan Marine Club October Meeting - New Members Welcome

jimsflies

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Mid-Michigan Marine Club based in Lansing, Michigan will hold a membership meeting on October 21, 2012. While their is no locational requirement for becoming a member, but most of our members are from the Greater Lansing/Mid-Michigan area.

The October meeting will be a fun one... like last Fall's meeting, the club is purchasing several corals to frag using our club owned Inland Reef Saw. Members who are paid up on their dues will receive at least one...probably several...frags to take home.

Members who would like to have corals fragged using the saw may also bring their own as well. Last year several members brought corals and some of them were also given to members in attendance. (Although you are not obligated to share the frags.)

So how much is membership, you ask? Membership is $12 per year! So with just this one meeting, your membership cost is easily recovered (free frags).

During our meeting, we will also discuss the Michigan Coral Expo and Swap which is coming up in January. We will have a need for volunteers to help with various aspects of the event. Members who volunteer will have backstage access to MCES.

Membership Meeting Details:
When: Sunday - October 21, 2012 from 4pm to 6pm
Where: Preuss Pets Classroom, Lansing, Michigan
Who: Anyone who is interested in being a member of our club

If you are planning to attend, please reply to this thread so we can have an idea of how many people to expect.

Last edited:

Saltwatertaylor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am planning on going. For a second I thought that was the day of the Michigan vs MSU football game. Phew!

OP
OP
J

jimsflies

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a reminder that the MMMC meeting is this Sunday. Here are the corals that we will be fragging. Members will be able to take a least one frag home with them...

pink-palys.jpg

orange-chalice2.jpg

green-favia.jpg

orange-chalice1.jpg

creefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great pieces!! I'm excited to be there. I may bring something to frag as well.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 50 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 30 21.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 7.7%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 37 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back