Midas blenny vs canary blenny

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting....I thought it was so odd mine started doing that, he used to back into a hole in a rock forever (2+years) ...and then all of a sudden one night I saw him do the same into the monti. I kinda laughed to myself because I thought it was because he wanted to be first in line for food in the morning, since my monti is at the top of the reef, and the rock he used to sleep in was in the back on the bottom...

So cool yours does it too!!
Anybody else notice this??
Mine used to sleep on my monti, he has since moved to the other side of my tank and has a perch on the rocks that isn't near a monti.

doesitwork

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get a Midas. They are long beautiful swimmers. Mine is always bright orange/yellow. They are only brown if stressed..

Zach B

Noo-Psyche Sales Rep
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Midas sure are pretty but my canary is quite the character. Sleeps on walls, magnet cleaners & hunts pods all day :)

Attachments

• 20210417_071321.jpg
    20210417_071321.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 107

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It's not fair, my midas blenny was a demon monster. I am not kidding. Wish I had videos. When I had my midas, nipped fins on all the fish. I had 2 clowns and pintail wrasse. Pintail would get revenge by pecking at the midas when the midas went to his cubby.

The right lighting the midas is a very beautiful fish. They are rather orange under blues. Add in a little red spectrum and it's really something else. I don't think you'll be able to do that with a canary blenny. I also don't have photos to show the difference of reef lighting with the midas, I may try another one sometime down the road. I do miss the jerk.

When I got my foxface, my midas found a place to jump through the aquarium cover. No idea what took place to make him decide to do that. He mostly stuck to a burrow in a rock.

Fredinva

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love my canary and I'm going to get the first Midas my LFS gets in. Both will be in my 30 Fiji Cube. If they don't get along, one goes to the 125 Fowlr.

jt8791

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Canary blennies are available captive bred from Ora. Would love to see them start breeding Midas blenny in captivity. I haven’t had either but have been debating on a captive bred blenny for a while.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 23.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 20.7%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back