Midas blenny with clownfish pair in 20 gallon long?

LifeOfAquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
would a Midas blenny and a clownfish pair work in a 20 long (30 gallon’s length of 30 inches and 12 inches width, just loses some in height). I’ve seen people say they need 30 gallons but a 20 long has the same length and width as a 30 so I’m not sure now. Plus I remember asking another question like 7 months ago and someone said they had a Midas in like a fluvak 13.5 and that it’s just fine. The 20 long I have has lots of rocks and I’m willing to get barnacles if need be. Just for a fish that perches a lot, height wouldn’t be too big of an issue right? It also has an oversized filter too incase anyones worried abt bio load.

SlugSnorter

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
would a Midas blenny and a clownfish pair work in a 20 long (30 gallon’s length of 30 inches and 12 inches width, just loses some in height). I’ve seen people say they need 30 gallons but a 20 long has the same length and width as a 30 so I’m not sure now. Plus I remember asking another question like 7 months ago and someone said they had a Midas in like a fluvak 13.5 and that it’s just fine. The 20 long I have has lots of rocks and I’m willing to get barnacles if need be. Just for a fish that perches a lot, height wouldn’t be too big of an issue right? It also has an oversized filter too incase anyones worried abt bio load.
its moreso about the fish finding enough food and not getting agressive, IMO look into other fish, but ultimately its up to you

OutColdCRNA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the clowns will become aggressive in that space especially if they are in there first. I had a pair in my lagoon and they were beating up my cherub angel.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 87.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back