Might have flat worms

Kfactor

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all just want to see what you guys think and what kind I have never had them befor a need some help

B02D85FF-478A-45A8-943E-52D63E61FC80.jpeg

OP
OP
Kfactor

Kfactor

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
is there a way to get rid of them with out dosing anything . i have been sucking them out with small hose in to a bag right now i just seen them today and dont want it to get really bad

Morbo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
is there a way to get rid of them with out dosing anything . i have been sucking them out with small hose in to a bag right now i just seen them today and dont want it to get really bad

Whatever you can see, multiply by 3x, 4x or more.

You can remove rocks and rinse them outside the tank. Or siphon/suck them out. Neither was working for me. I bought a Yellow Coris Wrasse which is supposed to help, but it couldn't keep up.

Last weekend I tried to use Flatworm exit to clear them out. See my build thread last couple posts for details. Didn't work out too well; ended up losing 3 fish (most likely from the toxins) and a number of corals.

I haven't seen any flatworms since *knock on wood*. If I had to do it all over again I'd probably just choose to live with the flatworms. Either that or move everything out of the tank, then dose it.

Good luck.

mike321

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get a wrasse. My mystery wrasse ate most of my flatworms

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have sand ( sleeps in sand 3" deep) and a large tank, the hunter "melanurus wrasse" will get rid of them. It will also eat other worms and things like pods.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back