might sound crazy but looking for free tank

lilithereefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey guys my tank has run into some serious problems where there are microbubbles everywhere, sump baffles are coming apart, ich outbreaks, nudibranch outbreaks, and water level issues. i was wondering if anybody had a 45g-75g tank that they are taking down and would donate as i cant really afford a new one. i know it sound crazy but its a pretty desperate ask. thanks.

dbowman5

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
woah, slow down cowpoke. what are you trying to solve with a new tank? yes it sounds as if you are experiencing some issues but wouldn't it be better to learn from them before you get a new tank? are you trying to rescue your livestock while you get a handle on your problems? R2R is a resource for you but the answers may not be the ones you think.
breathe, repeat,
what set up do you have? tank size, equipment, animals, time line for it, like that?

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s probably all fixable with some DIY and elbow grease. It does not sound like the tank is leaking.

Have you tried posting the issues and see if people can help you fix it?

OP
OP
lilithereefer

lilithereefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
many times thanks but its just my protein skimmer is broken, and the water level issue is because of my pump for some reason getting faster than my overflow but my overflow has a 1200gph max and the pump is on only 900gph

OP
OP
lilithereefer

lilithereefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have a 55 gallon display with a 10 gallon sump and 5 gallon refugium, i have a trashy seaclone 100, a eshopps 1200 gph hob overflow, 2mp40s, i am dosing 3ml of liquid calcium a day, and red sea abcd colors and essentials. my livestock is a baby hippo tang, a coral beauty, mandarin goby, a ocellaris clown hosting a bta, a longnose hawkfish, 1 cleaner shrimp, 6 nassarius snails, 4 hermit crabs, one emerald crab, and one sps frag, some zoas, duncans, gsp, and flower pot.

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
prob easier to add a gate or ball valve to the return pump to adjust the pump output. Petco has the $1 a gallon tanks easy to just buy a 10-20 gallon tank and replace the sump

piranhaman00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your sump is way to small. You want at least 1/3 DT. Look for a 20 L

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its just easier to buy a new 10-20 gallon because you cant silicone new baffles in place in a wet tank(bigger always better with sumps as well). Water should sit 7"-9" in sump and when return pump is off the sump should never overflow with water. If thats the case go with a 10 gallon again

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I trashed my seaclone 15 years ago and have never been happier. Would be hard to find a free skimmer though

dbowman5

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
many times thanks but its just my protein skimmer is broken, and the water level issue is because of my pump for some reason getting faster than my overflow but my overflow has a 1200gph max and the pump is on only 900gph
sometimes air gets into the hob overflow. if it gets trapped, it can reduce the flow by reducing the diameter of the liquid stream. could that be happening to you?

puckbs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What kind of stand do you have? Options - 5 gallon fuge overflowing into a 20l is a great setup I have used, just prop the 5g up a little bit (would need it drilled which isn't terribly hard) and let it gravity feed back into the sump. Or...those metal stands, as unsightly as they are, should fit a 33 gallon on the bottom (easily one of my favorite tanks) which would give you plenty of room for fuge/sump. 2 mp40 on a 55 is intense, love it, next investment should definitely consider a skimmer.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.0%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back