Mike Paletta finally recognizes some of the superior qualities of METAL HALIDES over LEDs...

Status
Not open for further replies.

kenchilada

Palytoxin Abuser
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Always amuses me that there’s a large group of people that use a particular thing but have to actively campaign against any other option. My way or the highway.

Options are a good thing. I want more LED, more T5, more MH products. I’ve used them all, they all work.

It’s ok if someone uses something different than you.

OP
OP
A. grandis

A. grandis

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Threads merged. Please don’t spam the forum with the same thread over and over.
Just delete the other posts then. Why merge here? They don't belong here. I posted in the other forums to call people to this one. Not a crime at all!!! Common sense.

OP
OP
A. grandis

A. grandis

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Always amuses me that there’s a large group of people that use a particular thing but have to actively campaign against any other option. My way or the highway.

Options are a good thing. I want more LED, more T5, more MH products. I’ve used them all, they all work.

It’s ok if someone uses something different than you.
Thank you for your post!!!! This in exactly what I've been saying for more than a decade. We all can choose what we want. They should all be available to the consumer.

OP
OP
A. grandis

A. grandis

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everyone has their own view on the lighting subject. No reason to spam everyone.
Spam : "Irrelevant or inappropriate messages sent on the internet to a large number of recipients."
Do you think the subject is irrelevant? In what sense?
Mike Paletta is one of the most known authors in reef keeping.

ZoWhat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
#Admins this thread has been created numerous times and is just linking the same thread repeatedly. Please, for my sanity...

Shut Down Schitts Creek GIF by CBC
@kittenbritches Throw your Rock Collection at 'em

OP
OP
A. grandis

A. grandis

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reef2Reef mods should put this thread on face book IMO! Let's have a nice rational discussion, respectfully.

i_am_mclovin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 2 cents, when I ran my coral business, halide was king on growth and color. I was running mostly halide or halide/t5 combos before I sold the business. My current tank has LED, but that's only as a lot of stuff is out of stock right now. But I'll be "upgrading" to Halide at some point. This is my anecdote, though I spent an extraordinary amount of time and money trying almost every lighting system there was. I mean I tried every light there was except for GHL and Orphek.

BeltedCoyote

Philosopher king of the Memes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Op you’ve done this sort of thing multiple times. We get it. You like halides.

neat GIF

im going with T5. Already know I’m set. Led is also good. Just tooexpensive for me.
halides are cool if you can afford the electricity and can figure out heat management. Yes. They work. As for everything else I mentioned. It also works.

I don’t understand why you expect us to confirm your own bias for you.

OP
OP
A. grandis

A. grandis

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's amazing how people avoid the subject and keep protecting their choices. Some have impose that is the so called "confirmation bias".
Listen to the video... the importance of the subject is what should be discussed.

kschweer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just delete the other posts then. Why merge here? They don't belong here. I posted in the other forums to call people to this one. Not a crime at all!!! Common sense.
Common sense says start one thread to keep it all in one area.

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mike Paletta is one of the most known authors in reef keeping.

Mike who? I'm joking of course, but........

Your talking to people who don't read books unless there on the internet. Which means if your new to reef keeping, you aint got a clue who that is.

Midrats

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
None of my Giesemann fixtures had T5s so can't speak to that.

hart24601

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since swapping from MH to LEDs, I have not had a decrease in coral growth rate. If alk consumption can be considered a surrogate for coral growth, my alk consumption actually increased after I swapped to LED. My fish room also no longer feels like a sauna, and I can sit on my couch without being blinded by light bleed.

It's been well documented that halides and LEDs grow corals about the same. Not sure why you keep rehashing the same thread over and over again.

same experience here although not as well documented as your increased alk consumption after you dropped halides. They can work just fine but not like but it’s not like 109 years ago (invented 1912) we cracked the secret of the sun with halides….

I personally always had better success with t5 then finally leds. Better growth and color. I honestly would not have a tank if I had to use MH. Never liked them. But I’m happy we have options for us in the hobby to use what you want and have amazing tanks as is proven with all types.

as for this thread. Again?!? Grandis you must someday realize it wasn’t LEDs that killed your family, it was the Joker! Your crusade is misguided, fight crime, not LEDs!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back