Mike Paletta's New Tank is UP and Running

Joe Rice

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Mike Paletta, what brand of waterproof drywall did you use? I'd love to find something truly waterproof but all I can find is moisture and mold resistant drywall at the big box stores.

Atomicus

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful tank! I really like the multiple shades of green lps and was that a regal angel - i have often thought about adding to reef but thought they would eat everything - is yours well behaved?

JohnMzreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd like to second the request for photos or a diagram of plumbing the overflow into the frag tank. I'm quite interested.

inetjnky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd like to second the request for photos or a diagram of plumbing the overflow into the frag tank. I'm quite interested.

Same here. I just put an order in for a new tank and having the overflow on the side for easier access intrigues me. Does the overflow really get that much detritus in it over time?

I’ve thought about using the main drain from the main display upstairs which will drain into the basement feed my frag tank, however I am planning currently to feed it to two refugiums although now I’m considering flowing to one large refugium and then into the frag tank and then into the sump. With the Fuge housing macro and clean up crew to manage the detritus.

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Um, I think we need a video!

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great job. External overflows are nice. Not sure it matters which side the overflow is be it coast to coast or peninsula (which is what I'm using similar to yours on the shorter pane) but what I do like is the smooth weir vs the more widely seen teeth/comb slotted things. You get so much better skimming with a smooth design.

Saw a couple of your videos the other day during my nightly reading - always enjoy them. Thanks for taking the time and effort.
what videos are we talking about here? I want to see videos.

U

User1

View Badges
what videos are we talking about here? I want to see videos.

Just a few I would see while reading at night on the net / American reef channel I believe it was. So I probably saw this then replied after watching a couple. As for the weir on the overflow I'm a bit biased towards the Bean Animal and coast to coast which prefer the smooth weir vs. teeth.

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a few I would see while reading at night on the net / American reef channel I believe it was. So I probably saw this then replied after watching a couple. As for the weir on the overflow I'm a bit biased towards the Bean Animal and coast to coast which prefer the smooth weir vs. teeth.
american reef channel? whats this? youtube stuff?

mattzang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the americanreefs videos, but the reefbuilders videos are more.. professional? lots more focus on the tanks and what not. Americanreefs kinda just hang out near the tanks and talk about it. I want some sweet zoomed in pro shots of corals and fish!

the last video on sanjay's tank was like 90% of the time focused on mike & sanjay standing in front of a door. CMON NOW! get the tank in the background at least

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 73 51.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 72 51.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • None.

Votes: 31 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%
Back