bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Either way. Poor Nems.... Makes me sad.

IMG_2408 2.jpg
they get free range in the 150 sump.
if the decide to venture up the resident cbb makes short work of them.
not sure what they came in on in the tub, but being i share frags from there, they ain't welcome. and some have gotten fairly big.

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
here's a thought..... i could save them for you for the autumn event. :cool:
Lol. If it was majano, or some cool looking ones, I would say yes.

I am up to a 5.5 for my "Home For Hated Critters" tank. More than likely will be a 14 biocube, before it is over with lol.

With that said, if you have some really big ones that may sway my thoughts. I will need a few large ones, as I plan to add some of my warty nems to the tank. Small ones get demolished by the wartys. It is like they move around just to melt them. Had to pull a warty out of the 5.5, as I was down to 2 Aips in there. Up to 4 now again. Majanos took a hit also. They killed the only yellowish green with bright pink tips one I had and that sucked.

Saying that makes me think. Wonder if a single warty nem added to a tank would aid in wiping them out......

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
can you harvest tunicates?
i saw some gorgeous blue ones and orange ones forever ago snorkeling a quarry in the keys.
I can, yes. Here are some I got on the last trip.

The ones that are more translucent are harder to keep. They need tons of flow and if you do not dose phyto regularly, will need spot feeding at least 4-5 times a week. The more colored and "thicker" ones seem to do fine with just whatever is in the water column.

tempImageiGPoYD.png

The organe ones in the above pic look like this when not near the translucnet ones with bright pink tips.

tempImageaXQOd9.png

NoahLikesFish

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can, yes. Here are some I got on the last trip.

The ones that are more translucent are harder to keep. They need tons of flow and if you do not dose phyto regularly, will need spot feeding at least 4-5 times a week. The more colored and "thicker" ones seem to do fine with just whatever is in the water column.

tempImageiGPoYD.png

The organe ones in the above pic look like this when not near the translucnet ones with bright pink tips.

tempImageaXQOd9.png
@Eagle_Steve , how would you collect stuff from a seawall in tampa bay without entering the water. i have had a couple ideas, one was taking a large fishing lead with a bunch of treble hooks & a tote full of water from the ocean & then catching rocks with my fishing pole, putting them in the tupperware tote thing, take a chisel and knock off stuff then throw the rock back intothe water. i cant snorkel there cause theres like a ton of jagged rocks and reefs there, if i tried to jump in i would probably kill myself cause i dont have a lateral line. theres also a dock. with this method i can also catch gorgonians by tying a couple razor blades to the line (dangerous) but what itd do is cut the gorg then i can pull the gorg with a hook

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back