OP
OP
Mike Kearns

Mike Kearns

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got some new gear today. I am a member of PNWMAS and since we haven’t had any meetings since COVID they decided to do an end of summer spectacular with contests and a raffle. One of the raffles had a grand prize of am MP40 and I won!! I was watching the drawing video and when the said my name I yelled out scaring my wife lol. Picked it up today and got it installed.
B1F3B823-5A78-4A0A-A7D2-2EA76CA46B3D.jpeg

F922C9E8-41DB-4AA4-AE65-37878A138193.jpeg

Good news is it works great, has no problem staying on the back wall and is hard to see. Bad news is now I want one for the other side lol.

Nick Steele

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is one way to get business lol. Sucker you in with one and make you want more!

That’s why I sure my wife won’t be pleased if I ever win any of these tank raffles because then I’ll need to buy everything else for it haha

Tanks coming along nice btw

mattzang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nice tank and light choices! lol

did you special request the side door? i'm mega jelly, i would've loved one of those on mine. i thought they only came on the larger IM tanks. hopefully that's just standard now though, that would be pretty useful

OP
OP
Mike Kearns

Mike Kearns

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is one way to get business lol. Sucker you in with one and make you want more!

That’s why I sure my wife won’t be pleased if I ever win any of these tank raffles because then I’ll need to buy everything else for it haha

Tanks coming along nice btw
Thank you. I am super happy with the way it's going.

OP
OP
Mike Kearns

Mike Kearns

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nice tank and light choices! lol

did you special request the side door? i'm mega jelly, i would've loved one of those on mine. i thought they only came on the larger IM tanks. hopefully that's just standard now though, that would be pretty useful
Supposedly I got lucky getting the doors. Read in another thread from someone that didn't get them. They called IM and was told the side doors were a new feature that hadn't been announced yet and is a $250 upgrade. I am glad I got them as I put all the electronics behind the right door.

OP
OP
Mike Kearns

Mike Kearns

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked up some new corals last week. I’ve always wanted a gorgonian and love this purple and orange one. Also got a good deal on a gold? Frogspawn. Adding some color to my euphyllia garden.
462E71B6-5595-404C-8025-065F2C5C4419.jpeg
1E737747-A7A7-408E-9FB1-D66189896095.jpeg
F3B978E4-91E5-4751-838C-6A504DCCE600.jpeg

OP
OP
Mike Kearns

Mike Kearns

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
is that gorg photosynthetic? that looks awesome
They told me at the shop it was photosynthetic. It has been doing quite well since I got it. Even after one of my hermit crabs decided to use it as gymnastic bars (I am really starting to hate hermit crabs).

Kershaw

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Mike Kearns
How are you liking the ext 100?
im real close to pulling the trigger on one. The smallest tank I have owned was a 125 so I’m a littler nervous on going smaller.
Father in-law lives with us now so we just don’t have the room for the ext 170.

OP
OP
Mike Kearns

Mike Kearns

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Mike Kearns
How are you liking the ext 100?
im real close to pulling the trigger on one. The smallest tank I have owned was a 125 so I’m a littler nervous on going smaller.
Father in-law lives with us now so we just don’t have the room for the ext 170.
Honestly I love it. It is plenty big for me, looks amazing and I just can't stop staring at it. I would say the only 2 downsides are the distance you have to keep it from the wall and the instructions for building the stand. It's not hard but the instructions were confusing. VS a red sea or waterbox, I like the fact that I got to pick out my own sump instead of being locked into theirs.

Kershaw

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly I love it. It is plenty big for me, looks amazing and I just can't stop staring at it. I would say the only 2 downsides are the distance you have to keep it from the wall and the instructions for building the stand. It's not hard but the instructions were confusing. VS a red sea or waterbox, I like the fact that I got to pick out my own sump instead of being locked into theirs.
Thanks for the reply.
im sure my wife won’t be happy with how far it will be off the wall which is what eliminated the EXT 150.

I am also trying to get a planet aquarium stand for it instead of the APS stand. I figure would stand would make things easier to mount things inside.
Lastly how is the sound of the over flow, that will help justify the extra distance off the wall if it’s quite.

OP
OP
Mike Kearns

Mike Kearns

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the reply.
im sure my wife won’t be happy with how far it will be off the wall which is what eliminated the EXT 150.

I am also trying to get a planet aquarium stand for it instead of the APS stand. I figure would stand would make things easier to mount things inside.
Lastly how is the sound of the over flow, that will help justify the extra distance off the wall if it’s quite.

It's not hard to mount stuff in the stand. I built a wooden "box" that fits snuggly in the side to place all the electronics. I did use self tapping screws to install a couple of brackets to hold the plumbing.

Noise wise once it is dialed in I hardly notice it. Every once in a while there will be a small gurgle from the secondary drain or splash from the overflow. It is in our living room not far from the television and the wife has never complained about any sound. I do recommend filter sock silencers if you go with socks or filter cup.

jasper9

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just built a IM 75 stand and have to agree the directions were lacking. It seems they must have added a few features since they were made AND they only make one version for all sizes. In the end it does seem pretty rock solid so I'm happy.

OP
OP
Mike Kearns

Mike Kearns

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok. Making a catch up post since I haven't been updating my thread much. I got the cabinet lights, ph probe and dosing pumps working on my Robo-Tank controller. This thing is so much easier to set up than the basic reef-pi. Mounted a cheap amazon fire tablet to the right hand door.
IMG_2473.jpg

Also I was getting tired of having to take the big butt jump screen off the top every time I wanted to feed my fish so I bought the Neat feeding port from Bulk Reef Supply. It works so good I bought a second one for my Fluval Evo 13.5.
IMG_2482.jpg

I also finally worked out the rest of my aqua-scape. I originally transferred over the 'scape from my 46 gallon bow front. It took a while to figure out what I wanted to do. Watched BRStv and Tidal Gardens NAS videos and came up with my own design. I really enjoyed working on it. With my left over rock I made a new aqua-scape for my WB 16 bedroom tank and just glued together a few more just for fun. Wish I had more rock lol.
IMG_2436.jpg

OP
OP
Mike Kearns

Mike Kearns

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked up another new coral today. This one has been on my wish list for a while.
684324E4-8BB7-46A7-88BE-2F12B218F6D5.jpeg
Also some top downs of my acans. Love turning off the flow and looking down on my tank. I had just spot fed everyone Reef roids.
17C5E202-855D-42DC-8AB6-8DA2599CA598.jpeg
5BF6BAAC-CE7E-488E-918B-0D93BA3FDF43.jpeg

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 66 52.0%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 52.8%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 32 25.2%
  • None.

Votes: 28 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.1%
Back