OP
mta_morrow

mta_morrow

Of course I have room for 1 more fish!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I got it confirmed in a thread I started in the fish forum......my large”female” trigger is a male. It’s about as large as they get before gaining coloration. Here it was when I got it, about 4”
C318723C-2A47-41A6-AC83-B83EE969F02D.jpeg

And here it is now
69D36F86-6BF6-4B77-ADA4-BC333681C9C8.jpeg

And here is the smaller one that I bought as a male.
C08A20F1-B844-402B-BF3E-DC1E19D69DC8.jpeg

So I’m hoping to sell the larger one to the guy who bought my foxface. He indicated he wanted a pair, so here is a good healthy start.
Bummer:(

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I got it confirmed in a thread I started in the fish forum......my large”female” trigger is a male. It’s about as large as they get before gaining coloration. Here it was when I got it, about 4”
C318723C-2A47-41A6-AC83-B83EE969F02D.jpeg

And here it is now
69D36F86-6BF6-4B77-ADA4-BC333681C9C8.jpeg

And here is the smaller one that I bought as a male.
C08A20F1-B844-402B-BF3E-DC1E19D69DC8.jpeg

So I’m hoping to sell the larger one to the guy who bought my foxface. He indicated he wanted a pair, so here is a good healthy start.
Bummer:(
They are such beauties.

OP
OP
mta_morrow

mta_morrow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got the small nem removed in less than 5 minutes! Maxi jet pump outlet aimed at the base. It’s in a container and already attached to a new rock!
Now to catch Pebbles. @Kendrick Kemp is coming at 12:30 to pick them up. He also has Zorro, my foxface in a beautiful 220 gallon display.......1 of 2, 220’s side by side!

im thinking less than 60 seconds to catch Pebbles. One word........CLAM!

OP
OP
mta_morrow

mta_morrow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@mta_morrow Thanks .. Now we both have to search for pebbles lol.
I hope the trigger fits in well with your other fish. I still can’t believe it changed that fast. And I hope your maroon doesn’t beat up the new nem!

OP
OP
mta_morrow

mta_morrow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seeing you triggers is not helping me. I need a bigger tank lol

enjoyed the video tank looking good
Thanks @Crabby48 i can’t explain how much I like the triggers. They seem to be very smart and a seriously cool personality. I think you should get a bigger tank and find out for yourself!

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Done......37 seconds!
5896664B-3EE0-43A5-AD3A-23670152504A.jpeg
Did you have to get him used to the trap Mike, or did the food just do it ?

I’ve got one of those traps ready to move a few of my fish once the new tanks ready. I was going to put the trap in and leave it and add food to it for a while until they were confident.

@Crabby48 i think you need to get a bigger tank to! Lol

The Triggers are really cool fish and my pair are always trying to spawn every 3-4 months or so. They try to build a nest in the sand and then ‘dance’ together

OP
OP
mta_morrow

mta_morrow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you have to get him used to the trap Mike, or did the food just do it ?

I’ve got one of those traps ready to move a few of my fish once the new tanks ready. I was going to put the trap in and leave it and add food to it for a while until they were confident.

@Crabby48 i think you need to get a bigger tank to! Lol

The Triggers are really cool fish and my pair are always trying to spawn every 3-4 months or so. They try to build a nest in the sand and then ‘dance’ together
Hi Shaun. When I introduced the small male trigger I used the trap as an acclimation box. So when I used it to trap the bigger male, it at least recognized it. I put a piece of clam in thru the top hole with forceps and the little male went straight in and ate. No fear. The larger trigger watched from right outside the door. The next piece of clam the larger one and the small one went in! I pulled the clam out and they left, out it right back in and the larger pig, I mean trigger flew in to get it and BAM. Got it. I find it to be very easy to catch the more curious fish with it. I would go ahead and just put it in and start putting some food in it and let them eat out of it even now while you are in your build process. Also, the trap door closes hard. It scares the crap out of the fish then they try to escape quickly and hit their heads. Try to lower the door by hand if possible to avoid scaring the one in the trap as well as others in the tank.

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would go ahead and just put it in and start putting some food in it and let them eat out of it even now while you are in your build process.

That’s what I’m going to do Mike when I get a few weeks from getting wet so they get used to it. Drop the food in and then let them go in an out at leisure until I’m ready to pounce!

Hopefully it will work like yours.... hopefully!

OP
OP
mta_morrow

mta_morrow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s what I’m going to do Mike when I get a few weeks from getting wet so they get used to it. Drop the food in and then let them go in an out at leisure until I’m ready to pounce!

Hopefully it will work like yours.... hopefully!
One other thing I learned about using this device as a trap or acclimation box. When placing it in the tank, have the back of the trap up against the side glass and the suction cups 2 at the top front by the door and one at the top back. It’s rather heavy and wants to tilt, so having it up against the side glass keeps it from tilting. You will figure it out!

OP
OP
mta_morrow

mta_morrow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, I have a nem that went from massive to crap in less than an hour. Maybe it’s splitting again.
85147BDD-01EC-4854-BBF2-52A0EDC15873.jpeg
5DEDED7B-4765-4534-8FE2-39F5C0E5B32A.jpeg

and I found this stuck to a power head. Looks like eggs. Maybe clown eggs?
23E0E4AF-BE9A-4E2C-B9B1-4CD0135FDB76.jpeg

5818F69C-11F7-43E9-8F54-502786AF3918.jpeg

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear the triggers are on their way out. But at least u nailed the capture with ease.

Love the new scape, pulling for ya that the nem stays put. Always a nail biter when they start walkin...

And those eggs look like clown eggs to me from what I've seen. What did u end up doing with them?

OP
OP
mta_morrow

mta_morrow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear the triggers are on their way out. But at least u nailed the capture with ease.

Love the new scape, pulling for ya that the nem stays put. Always a nail biter when they start walkin...

And those eggs look like clown eggs to me from what I've seen. What did u end up doing with them?
Soooooo.........I only sold the large one, kept the small one. The nem stayed put. I think it just did a major expelling and water change! It’s huge again today. And yes! They were clown eggs! I ended up dispersing them in the tank and they got ate up immediately.

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Soooooo.........I only sold the large one, kept the small one. The nem stayed put. I think it just did a major expelling and water change! It’s huge again today. And yes! They were clown eggs! I ended up dispersing them in the tank and they got ate up immediately.
I am hoping i can catch my clowns in time, and they lay on the rock the rbta is on. Cuz I'll pull the rock and clowns and move it all to the QT and see if we can get some babies. Already did my homework on requirements etc... it's cool to see some dirty dancing going on in the tank besides snails ;Eggonface

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 71 53.0%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 68 50.7%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 30 22.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.7%
Back