Mike's Red Sea Reefer 525 XL build

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, the yesses have it. I will order them in 2 weeks when I’m off on a Friday.

I know @najer has some in his tank but these don’t appear to be as colorful. I personally don’t mind as I just like cool stuff!

As above, yes, filter feeders, sponges, softies, lps, anything that grows fast will be using the "unwanted" (don't get me started) nutrients!
If people run low nutrients I would say no, think of all the things that will use those nutrients, a few people have used it recently so I will use it now, you are trying to balance an aquaculture, inputs to fish = poop and nutrients for the corals and whatever further nutrient removal you use, I use macro algae mostly and a skimmer as needed (currently running).
I did see your numbers they look good.
Love the videos , I could chill in front of that! :)

OP
OP
mta_morrow

mta_morrow

Of course I have room for 1 more fish!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As above, yes, filter feeders, sponges, softies, lps, anything that grows fast will be using the "unwanted" (don't get me started) nutrients!
If people run low nutrients I would say no, think of all the things that will use those nutrients, a few people have used it recently so I will use it now, you are trying to balance an aquaculture, inputs to fish = poop and nutrients for the corals and whatever further nutrient removal you use, I use macro algae mostly and a skimmer as needed (currently running).
I’m looking at a group of sea squirts and some blue sponges. Perhaps a cabbage leather too!

Things that I like that as a bonus take up nutrients.

I have a lot of fish and I feed a lot, and I want a few more fish too! So while I’m not chasing a number, I also don’t want it to spiral out of control.

Skimmer, 6 liters of matrix, and a shot of vodka in the evening.

I may fire up the chaeto reactor again and see if it can keep up so I can eliminate or reduce the NoPox dosing.

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'd even bring you a beer, but you already bound my hands ;Hilarious

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
A cabbage like this?
IMG_20190816_073225315.jpg

OP
OP
mta_morrow

mta_morrow

Of course I have room for 1 more fish!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A cabbage like this?
IMG_20190816_073225315.jpg
I actually found a pinkish and purplish one. But I sure hope it grow in the pattern like yours is!

I like my big green sinulara being the only big green thing in the tank.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 98 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back