full

Last edited:

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great tank! The mangroves are cool, I really like seeing people's unique setups. Keeps me motivated.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Our corals are brothers

I have high nitrates tho 32 last time I checked or it could just be settling in as I have the same lights Tim uses

needbiggertanks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This may be a silly question, but, Have you noticed swings in magnesium due to the mangroves? Or is your magbesium pretty steady?

And do you find you have to supplement more magnesium than without the mangroves?

OP
OP
rinckemd

rinckemd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This may be a silly question, but, Have you noticed swings in magnesium due to the mangroves? Or is your magbesium pretty steady?

And do you find you have to supplement more magnesium than without the mangroves?

My last triton test had it at 1460pm, and my most recent test was 1450pm at home, so it appears a wee bit high but stable. My calc and mag had been high since I was trying to keep my Alk at 8 with Core7, and it wasn't stable. Once I let it drop down to 7.2-7.5 things seemed to be better for calc, but mag seems a bit high still. I have dosed extra in the past, but not since I made the switch from Triton Base Elementz to Core7 6 months ago or so. I really don't have that many mangroves, maybe in another 2 years I'll have enough to see differences.

Last edited:
OP
OP
rinckemd

rinckemd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Our corals are brothers

I have high nitrates tho 32 last time I checked or it could just be settling in as I have the same lights Tim uses

I'm excited to see how this one does. I need more flow on mine, but in a couple weeks I'm replacing my Neptune System Apex WAVs with Panta Rhei ecm 42s, and I'm hoping the change to a good full tank alternating gyre (30min left -> right, 30min right -> left or something) and maybe a standing wav will really perk up my SPS. It's more turbulent now but I still have dead spots and spots that get blasted too much. In general I think I have good color, but my growth is just meh on the Skittles.

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea i would have to agree with u on the wavs whatever is in its way does get blasted and two inches over is calm. I added an mp10 and both my returns are seaswirls so that helps vary the flow. Mine is encrusting but not the color corals are weird

OP
OP
rinckemd

rinckemd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I came home to this... That plate went off road and jumped on the torch. Those two are being split up. I did notice him inflated this morning but was busy and missed that he was in the process of sitting on the torch. Showed him who was boss.

full

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah dang that is just pretty good!!!!!:rolleyes: It's a stunning reef and great FTS.:p

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 33.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 20 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 13 16.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 20 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back