Milestone week for my EVO 13.5 gal

Ceri720

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had a milestone week - got my RO buddy going to make my own RO water. Upgraded the pump for better flow and redid my filtration with floss. I can't believe how much the higher flow has made a difference. I also upgraded the lighting two weeks ago to a Bluetooth light and have adjusted the output (still learning) waiting for the goose neck clamp to set the lighting height. It was one of those SOOO rewarding moments. I got to appreciate how much the limelight hydnophora has grown - wow overtaking it's original plug so that I can't see the base. The GSP and Pulsing Xenia have quadrupled. The Tubbs Montipora has a baby bud - a baby!! And I think I have the zoanthid island is in a really good spot for everyone.

I know I probably went way too fast - it's such a joy though. I will post pics soon. I am just a noob though.

Reef Jockey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
awesome upgrades so far.. Did you get the RO buddie wtih DI? awesome filter for the Evo.. I made a 50 gallon drum of my RO/DI water with my RO buddie and its been a couple of months already and I barely used a quarter of the water.
Keep it going

OP
OP
Ceri720

Ceri720

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah got the RODI. I only make 2 gal at a time! I didn’t even think to make a larger batch and store it - good idea!! I put the water into my old gallon containers from buying purified water. I fill the gallons, add salt and then fill tub sink with hot water to bring up to 78-79F for tank fill WC. I have a great laundry room that is very functional for water prep and testing.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 48 34.8%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 29 21.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 8.0%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.2%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 36 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.9%
Back