Mimic Lemon Peel Beat up Face

Keen4

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Mimic lemon peel has a banged up face. Is there anything I can dose to help him heal up quickly? There are 3 tangs total in the tank and I think they are just being tangs and fighting. There well fed I let them graze all day on nori and feed twice with different mixes of food. IMG_6234.PNG IMG_6236.PNG

Attachments

• IMG_6232.MOV
    23.5 MB

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, you may have multiple issues with that fish. The spots above the eyes look like Head and Lateral Line Erosion (HLLE) but the whitish eroded spot on the gill cover looks more like a bacterial infection.

How long did this take to develop?

Jay

OP
OP
Keen4

Keen4

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, you may have multiple issues with that fish. The spots above the eyes look like Head and Lateral Line Erosion (HLLE) but the whitish eroded spot on the gill cover looks more like a bacterial infection.

How long did this take to develop?

Jay
Darn- ok so I bought him in perfect condition back in November. He got beat up pretty bad with my other tangs. Then the DT caught ich. so since December he and all the other fish have been in a hospital tank since December 16th. I think it started to be apparent in December.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Darn- ok so I bought him in perfect condition back in November. He got beat up pretty bad with my other tangs. Then the DT caught ich. so since December he and all the other fish have been in a hospital tank since December 16th. I think it started to be apparent in December.
It is probably some scaring mixed with HLLE then. Not much you can do about that except avoid using carbon and feed the fish a wide variety of foods.

Jay

OP
OP
Keen4

Keen4

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is probably some scaring mixed with HLLE then. Not much you can do about that except avoid using carbon and feed the fish a wide variety of foods.

Jay
OK So I just took out the carbon. They eat pretty well. Im doing red nori and Rods mix. Spirulina brine (sometimes other Brine and mysis) gets soaked in Fish Solution. Should I do a large water change?

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back