Mindstream Aquarium Monitor

jcdeng

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
whats gonna happen to this research and technology if kickstarter fails? Sell the idea and data to Apex? and hopfully in 2 years we will have a DOS mindstream hook up, no more testing and adjusting doser amounts.

TheEngineer

Formerly icecool2
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you believe that I have a bridge to sell you. Re-read what they said. They intend to bring it to market and think their current backers would support them even if the Kickstarter doesn't get funded. Sounds like a "family and friends" investment group and unless they have surprisingly deep pockets that is a tough group to raise substantial funds from.

I don't think you understand the costs associated with bringing a product to market or how to raise or what it takes to stay in business.

Edit: none of this is intended to be an insult. So I hope it doesn't come across that way.

lexinverts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you believe that I have a bridge to sell you. Re-read what they said. They intend to bring it to market and think their current backers would support them even if the Kickstarter doesn't get funded. Sounds like a "family and friends" investment group and unless they have surprisingly deep pockets that is a tough group to raise substantial funds from.

Well, I've seen some efforts come and go in reefkeeping, and the response that I am seeing to this effort, and the science it is based on, tells me that it is going to be around for a little while. It sounds like you are not convinced, so it probably is not a good idea for you to be a backer and stress yourself out. :)

Edit: none of this is intended to be an insult. So I hope it doesn't come across that way.

If that is the case, you could try a little harder by removing language involving sales of bridges.;)

shaggss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can't imagine they would go anywhere? Why? They're clearly undercapitalized and have yet to attract more than 200 people willing to put money on it. This my friend is the very definition of risk. Kickstarter is a really easy early litmus test for a new business. So far converting interest into sales is pretty poor.

Remember also this is just a North American and Mexico? release. Once they get to market and start operating internationally then I imagine there will be a lot more people interested.

I for one would love to sign up now and take the risk but unfortunately I am overseas.

TheEngineer

Formerly icecool2
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If that is the case, you could try a little harder by removing language involving sales of bridges.;)
My sarcastic sense of humor doesn't always translate well to forum posts :)

Remember also this is just a North American and Mexico? release. Once they get to market and start operating internationally then I imagine there will be a lot more people interested.

I for one would love to sign up now and take the risk but unfortunately I am overseas.
Could be. Although the current plan of action seems to rely on the North American release to deliver the initial products. To enable any possible expansion would require fairly decent sales I would presume.

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd be happy if I had something to do an alk reading once a day :)

HAHAHA the perfect quote was already mentioned "I just sit there and my tank is staring at me"

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK, I suppose to be already gone from the monitor a hour ago but I was so behind on the updates on this thread.
Thanks for @Step Ahead Innovations to jump the deep waters of this thread.
That said the Mindtream is a 24/7 device in all readings with a give and take 30 day disk life, and that all can depends on water quality but recommendations are 30 day replacement for 100% accurate readings.
What if you can run the Mindstream for a week and two weeks off............. I'm sure you have or can take the disk out of the tank and keep it moist like in RO/DI water............ not sure as I can't find that or is there a solution?
Cause if that is possible I can assure you that the backers will triple if not more on Macna weekend.
I'm just picking some brain matter here and this hobby became what it is by individuals like me and you.
All we talking here is kinda like a Triton result as you don't monitor your tank 24/7 but only like once a month, with the mindtream you can monitor it like every other week for a total week or so.
We all know who are long enough in the hobby that when you look at your tank and most do that after a hard working day and when you come home you greet your wife and kids, the dogs come greet you as you are the Alpha in their lives and as follows you hang in front of your tank for a brief moment.
That moment is more than enough (if you know your tank) that can tell you to looking at behaviors of fish and corals if something is off.
That said the livestock in your tank will be your monitor in most cases, not all but just enough to take out the test kits.
I'm a backer and will be disappointed if the goal won't be met of the 300K.
Pretty sure that ones this hit the market it will run storm as the word will go out that it is trustful.
Macna will be good launch but you guys from @Step Ahead Innovations are going to have some long crazy days in DC.

Servo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is AWESOME news!

Disc Pricing Update: We’ve heard your many comments and questions about disc pricing, so today we are announcing that the pricing for the monthly discs and related data services will be $34.95. This assumes an annual subscription with automatic disc delivery and automatic monthly debit payment. This is a discounted price from the price of individual discs, which will also be available for purchase on our Web site. For those of you that have backed us on Kickstarter with a 12 month disc subscription, we will gladly add an additional 2 months to your subscription for free. We hope this clarification helps you better understand your investment in a MindStream monitor and makes it easier for you to back us on our Kickstarter campaign which ends in 5 days on Sunday night at 10:00 EDT: http://kck.st/1HUGFG2.

BetURWrasse

Dysfunctional Veteran
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol, it's not. But I've seen some other options that may surface in the next couple years. Don't expect anything soon

Omega0397

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, if it's not coming out, what caused this product to fail? Poor business management? Technology problem?

TheEngineer

Formerly icecool2
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, if it's not coming out, what caused this product to fail? Poor business management? Technology problem?
Fund raising seems to have been a problem. There is some question about cost of their product and what the market will pay.

Ginu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know of another independent individual with a system testing the same parameters. He designed the system just to see if he could do it, and he seems to be successful. I believe hes looking to bring it into market and funding isn't a issue for him.
The monitoring system is rock solid and hes now working to implement a dosing system to the unit to keep the parameters at a set number...
Hopefully we see a similar unit on the market or hopefully a few competitors; part of the issues with units like these is the upfront cost of the unit and reagents cost as they usually require a subscription for reagents.

a.jpg

Ginu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll believe it when I see it ;-)

Picture is above :)
Also the guy who created this has been in the aquarium business for a quite few years and makes some awesome equipment.

eg8r210

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also the guy who created this has been in the aquarium business for a quite few years and makes some awesome equipment.
Bill said he wasn't interested in bringing to market. He did want to get it tied to a doser if I remember correctly.

ngvu1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But that is a 20K system. I don't really care if that works because I can't use it. The guy was planning to have similar system for $1500 or less....Now that's what I am talking about :)

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 30 35.3%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 20 23.5%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 7 8.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 5.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 21 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.4%
Back