Mindstream Aquarium Monitor

Ginu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bill said he wasn't interested in bringing to market. He did want to get it tied to a doser if I remember correctly.
My understanding was that he wanted to get it tied to dosers to hold parameters then bring it to production if he can make it affordable (and if i remember correctly hes already working on setting something up)

b2.jpg

b3.jpg

Ginu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But that is a 20K system. I don't really care if that works because I can't use it. The guy was planning to have similar system for $1500 or less....Now that's what I am talking about :)

Actually he said he was over 50k in that system

ngvu1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dang it, the hotdog Prince gave me wrong info LoL. Anyway if I don't care at 20K, 50K is not going to help don't you think,? :)

Edit : no I was reading his post wrong. The $20K reef and the monitor system is $50k..... anyway same conclusion. ..can't use that

Actually he said he was over 50k in that system

Last edited:

Desmond

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you could have a fully automated system with dosing unit that would be amazing and we'll worth spending money on if you consider the price of some of the larger systems. No reason why you could not have a simplified version also

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I question the ALK # as that where the Mindstream went wrong.
To many factors tied to the end results as to many fail saves on that #.
Btw, if you had a alk reading of 8.61 it would scare the living daylight out of me.

Jenz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys,
After looking at the most recent comments I am getting the impression that the Mindstream Aquarium monitor is not going to be marketed; is that correct? :(
Was kind of hoping for it to be available come close of the year.

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The problem is pre announcing a product everyone wants it and but financing isn't there. With a testing product it will need several years of testing it out to work out bugs in the system. Otherwise the product comes out and everyone jumps on the its not good bandwagon and its hard for products to over come that. Would rather nothing is said to they get things in the proper spot and have tested it on a bunch of tanks and all the bugs are worked out.

Jenz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks mate; I appreciate what you've stated. Was just confused as their fb site seemed positive and website still states 2016.
Am excited about this product and so I hope they get there after years of putting it in place.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 86.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back