Mindstream Data Shared at MACNA

Discussion in 'MindStream' started by evolved, Sep 11, 2015.

1. evolved

evolved The Wrasse Guy Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Article Contributor AZ FRAG Member Expert Contributor Partner Member 2018

Out of everything I heard/saw about the Mindstream at MACNA, this chart was the most important:
    DSC_5327.JPG

Overall, not bad; better than most of us with a titration test kit at least.

Hopefully many of you find value in this info; I haven't seen it elsewhere.

MarineDepot and ReefMadScientist like this.
    Tags:

2. whatchamacallit

whatchamacallit Active Member

That's an extremely good number to be having for accuracy. I'd take that all day.

3. Bryman

Bryman Member

Am I reading this wrong, or are only two out of the ten parameters verified for accuracy at this point???

4. evolved

evolved The Wrasse Guy Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Article Contributor AZ FRAG Member Expert Contributor Partner Member 2018

For accuracy, yes. But the resolution is there for everything (which you could argue is just as important).

5. ReefMadScientist

ReefMadScientist Valuable Member

kH and Ca looking good! I am sure they will iron the accuracy out for the other parameters when launch comes.

The error % are still good compared to what we are used to. Human error% + Titration kit accuracy% + Test kit expiration%.

6. TheEngineer

TheEngineer Formerly icecool2 R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Showcase Editor Delaware Reef Club Build Thread Contributor

These results are not compelling. Resolution is pointless if the accuracy is wrong. For example, I can tell by looking at my tank that the temperature is 78.972348942348098 degrees. I gave you a high resolution number, but my test is completely inaccurate. Using a real sensor, my tank temp is actually 79.2 degrees.

So I gave you you a number with many digits of precision, but it was meaningless because it wasn't accurate. Which number would you rather have? The one with high resolution or the one that is more accurate?

@Bryman is right, 2 out of 10 results presented and really unimpressive results. +/- 12.5%?

Last edited: Sep 11, 2015
    FDAWG and Bryman like this.
  7. Shep

Shep Acan Connoisseur Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Photo of the Month Award Partner Member 2018

So it says estimated for the Mindstream, does that mean they have not actually tested their device yet? I would think that if they had used the Mindstream they would have hard data to show and not estimations. I could be reading the chart wrong

Last edited: Sep 11, 2015
    TheEngineer likes this.
  8. TheEngineer

TheEngineer Formerly icecool2 R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Showcase Editor Delaware Reef Club Build Thread Contributor

Good catch! That's curious.

@evolved this looks like a photo of a powerpoint slide. Was there more data?

9. evolved

It is a PowerPoint slide. There were more, but this was the top summary. I don't have any others.

Everything is shown as an estimation because they haven't yet tested in a variety of tanks. In the context of the shown comparison, it is hard data.

So the "test kits" shown in those three columns were titration tests performed by biologist/scientists. It's pretty amazing the range of variation present there, especially when the people performing the tests should know what their doing! :)

If nothing else, the take away here is the Mindstream will be more accurate than human error present with titration test kits.

10. Bryman

Bryman Member

@evolved: Thanks very much for sharing, but this just confirms why they haven't published accuracy data. Can't believe they would be so close to bringing to market with a product that is only 20% proven to work internally.

11. lexinverts

lexinverts Active Member

I agree. It looks like they are quite a bit behind schedule on their accuracy testing. Seems like they are closer to being ready for Beta testing, but not that close to release for the market. Hopefully they will get this ironed out soon.

Draft saved Draft deleted