Mindstream Monitor - Tank Data Sharing thread

PSXerholic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score

Hey everyone,

So I'm very exited and wait for my Midstream monitor to arrive!
Many of the Reefer here know me from R2R, articles, Facebook and my STN/RTN guidance via Witch Hazel which is becoming very popular at the moment.
Anyways, while I run a pretty strict routine and method of Trace element regime to manage my Reef, I ordered the Mindstream because of the capability of low range readings of ammonia as we all should know is the biggest Nitrogen source for corals but not measurable with any common test kits in the lower ppb ranges!
So that's for sure something to be exited about to give the tank it's final kick in the bun concerning growth.

Also the Co2 levels and Oxygen levels will be a great starting point to look at preventive actions in advance to avoid STN/RTN caused by carbonic acid issues or other carbon household relevant issues in the system.

Oxygen levels, will help to fine tune skimmer arrangements and potentially indicate performance issues on skimmers, aeration or system degassing problems ;-)
Great things to look at.

And then, the nice benefits of not having PH probes being replaced in future ;-)

Looking forward as well to see how the big 3 such as ALK, CA and MG to be managed to be even smoother to stabilize the tank to the best possible stability.

This post I would like everyone that has a Mindstream on his tank to share it's readings and parameter.
Looking forward to other peoples tank parameter that have not been shared that much since now!

Thanks for any time and effort on this subject.

-Andre

OP
PSXerholic

PSXerholic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
@OLDREEFER44 would be great if you can share your Data via screen shots ;-)

robbyg

View Badges
Reaction score
Come on guys share some of those screen shots ;Pompus
Just bring the graph up as big as you can on a PC and press and hold the Shift button and then "Print Screen" button on the keyboard. Open Microsoft Paint and press the PASTE option and the picture should be there. Now go to RESIZE and set it to Pixels and input 800 for the horizontal and it will pick the vertical size for you. Save the file as a jpeg and then post it here. You can do this for your own record keeping and share a few of them with us.

Paul Sands

View Badges
Reaction score
beginning to question whether this is a real product again or just a marketing scam. too many posts coming up about waiting for them and how excited people are and so few people posting about using them (other than those that were paid to post videos)

is anyone ever “excited” to wait 10 weeks for a product to be finally shipped to them? ROFL

robbyg

View Badges
Reaction score
beginning to question whether this is a real product again or just a marketing scam. too many posts coming up about waiting for them and how excited people are and so few people posting about using them (other than those that were paid to post videos)

is anyone ever “excited” to wait 10 weeks for a product to be finally shipped to them? ROFL

I know from previous forums that sometime people just do not want to share the info because they fear some sort of criticism about their water parameters. I can understand that but hey if you have one or two things that are not good then don't show them. Show us the pH graph or whatever you feel comfortable with sharing.

BTW Yeah it is kind of weird that so few people are making posts about using it. I know when I got my Aquatronica Touch controller it was the same way.
So I ended up making Six or Seven YouTube Videos showing whats in the box and how to set it up and use it. They were not production quality videos but so many guys thanked me for them because they had no idea that the controller could do certain things.

Years ago I learned to consume everything I could about a product before using it.
I remember working on a device that we were building that required several checks per day on a spectrum analyzer to see what the readings were. Then you took the measurements and stuck them through a bunch of equations to get a number that indicated what the totals equaled. After doing this for about three weeks a senior tech walked by and asked me what I was doing. I said the Math on the reading I took. He said you do know that the Instrument has a option in the menu to calculate out those numbers for you, next time you should spend some time reading the manual. Yeah well you can imagine that I felt like an idiot. So from that point on I always spent time reading up and playing with items I will be working with, so I know everything it can do and how well it does it.

Rob

Last edited:

robbyg

View Badges
Reaction score
How do I go about getting paid?
1568237002498.png

Fyi, Calcium is high due to a doser issue. The Mindstream folks are so interested as to the Potassium issue that they sent me a free Triton test to send in to verify that the monitor is correct
Thanks man. You don't need to explain any of your readings. Most of us have stuff that is out of whack and that is why over time this will solve the problem.
Is it possible to show a single item like Calcium over a single day? I hear that it varies based on lighting and I would love to see how that looks on the MS. I don't care if it's high, I am sure your slowly getting things under control now that you have accurate data to work with.

Rob

Silver14SS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
How do I go about getting paid?
1568237002498.png

Fyi, Calcium is high due to a doser issue. The Mindstream folks are so interested as to the Potassium issue that they sent me a free Triton test to send in to verify that the monitor is correct
Thanks for sharing, I'm looking forward to seeing the ICP results compared to the Mindstream readings.

OLDREEFER44

View Badges
Reaction score
Thanks man. You don't need to explain any of your readings. Most of us have stuff that is out of whack and that is why over time this will solve the problem.
Is it possible to show a single item like Calcium over a single day? I hear that it varies based on lighting and I would love to see how that looks on the MS. I don't care if it's high, I am sure your slowly getting things under control now that you have accurate data to work with.

Rob
Yes,
you can see the results either on a 1 day screen (like you see here) or over 7 days or 14 days. You can also view reading by reading by running your curser along the base line of the graph.
1568241270563.png

robbyg

View Badges
Reaction score
Yes,
you can see the results either on a 1 day screen (like you see here) or over 7 days or 14 days. You can also view reading by reading by running your curser along the base line of the graph.
1568241270563.png
Sweet!!
What time do you turn on/off the lights and what time is the peak intensity?
Thanks dude now I owe you two Yum Yum Treats;)

BTW love the Tank Journal system. That kind of makes it easy to know about spike events that you might not notice unless you really looked through all the graph records.
Once the novelty of this wears off you typically will not spend all that much time looking through each days graphs, so this is a great system.

Last edited:

lexinverts

View Badges
Reaction score
@Paul Sands ;)

I think not everyone is posting right away because the amount of data is a bit difficult to process at first. I'm still trying figure out if everything checks out with my test kits, what my daily cycle for each parameter is, etc...
Definitely a legit product.

Last edited:

OLDREEFER44

View Badges
Reaction score
Sweet!!
What time do you turn on/off the lights and what time is the peak intensity?
Thanks dude now I owe you two Yum Yum Treats;)

BTW love the Tank Journal system. That kind of makes it easy to know about spike events that you might not notice unless you really looked through all the graph records.
Once the novelty of this wears off you typically will not spend all that much time looking through each days graphs, so this is a great system.
Yeah kind of redundant as you get an email any time there is a reading outside of the parameters you set.

robbyg

View Badges
Reaction score
I also find the differences in CO2 and Oxygen to be very interesting. I suspect @lexinverts tank is located in a well ventilated area and @Oldreefs is in a closed house?

lexinverts

View Badges
Reaction score
I also find the differences in CO2 and Oxygen to be very interesting. I suspect @lexinverts tank is located in a well ventilated area and @Oldreefs is in a closed house?
Wow, oldreefer's CO2 is really high. Mine never gets that high. Mine is currently in my garage frag tank. I added an airstone timed to go on at night because the MS showed my CO2 was swinging a lot from day to night. It helped a little, but I still see a big swing.

Can you run a a successful reef long term without some type of reactor and media?

• Yes

Votes: 86 71.1%
  • No

Votes: 15 12.4%
  • Not sure

Votes: 20 16.5%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors
Top Shelf Aquatics
Chaos Aquaculture