Status
Not open for further replies.

Medic56

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this a scam?? I know someone who has been waiting 17 weeks for his unit!!!! Only receiving automated responses from Mindstream on this issue. I would really like to know someone who has actually received one of these units! I bought mine at MACNA. Am I another sucker of this?

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They have been copying and pasting the same response to every inquiry over these past couple of months it seems be it here, Instagram or wherever else. Something doesn’t feel right IMO. I know some units have shipped and a few folks DO have them but heck a few people have the Cerebra too.

Darrell Brady

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this a scam?? I know someone who has been waiting 17 weeks for his unit!!!! Only receiving automated responses from Mindstream on this issue. I would really like to know someone who has actually received one of these units! I bought mine at MACNA. Am I another sucker of this?
Im beginning to wander myself im 15 weeks in now an yes always the same automated responses I have tried calling with no luck it goes straight to voice mail.

Tft12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Uh oh. I'm at 10 weeks and I thought I was actually going to get one at 12. Now I'm not feeling so confident.

OP
OP
Medic56

Medic56

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Take a minute to search the forums and you will see there are 5 or 6 people with them, including myself.
Poor rollout of a new product, yes, but not a scam.
So when did you order this unit? And can I see a picture of it in your tank?

Darrell Brady

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This company needs to step up an give some honest answers or I believe there will be a lot of people wanting refunds.

fcmatt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One thing to keep in mind is that credit card companies only allows disputes up to a certain amount of time. After that it becomes impossible or painful. 3 months is a typical cut off.

lexinverts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ordered June 27.

Here it is in my tank.

TM9Eu8e.jpg

Homewrecker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sucks when companies take your money so easily and then make you wait without even being kind enough to write a non-copy/ paste response to your concerns.
Of course, at least you will get a lengthy suddenly heartfelt response on here after making your concerns public.
I’ve been optimistic but I just feel like the fact that they continue to take money in without sending out units is a bit sketchy. At best, they need funds at worst they’re going the way of the Cerebra

OP
OP
Medic56

Medic56

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let’s see if we get any pictures of this unit in a tank!!!

Darrell Brady

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One thing to keep in mind is that credit card companies only allows disputes up to a certain amount of time. After that it becomes impossible or painful. 3 months is a typical cut off.
that does not make me feel very confident getting money back

U

User1

View Badges
There are people with them. It seems that they are having some trouble meeting demand. Can't say if that is problem/trouble or just too high of a demand vs the backlog. If it helps any the trident is in a similar position although at least they say what the hold up is and why. Also they do not charge up front. When you trap the unicorn then you pay...

I don't own one but I would not pay for a unit without receiving it.

fcmatt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that does not make me feel very confident getting money back

I only mentioned it because I have been in the same boat as you in the past and I learned it the hard way. I also follow these threads because I am due a new controller, dosers, and etc...

Darrell Brady

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are people with them. It seems that they are having some trouble meeting demand. Can't say if that is problem/trouble or just too high of a demand vs the backlog. If it helps any the trident is in a similar position although at least they say what the hold up is and why. Also they do not charge up front. When you trap the unicorn then you pay...

I don't own one but I would not pay for a unit without receiving it.
I really believe its not more of a demand issue You just dont really her about anybody getting them.

fcmatt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really believe its not more of a demand issue You just dont really her about anybody getting them.

One would hope they discovered a problem and are simply redoing a key piece or something. Naturally you have to wait 6 to 8 weeks from design, molding, approving, and actual production of the part. That would easily cause a delay. But why not just say so in that case?

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Having followed the process of the auto testing machines. An talking to Mindstream and APEX about their units. You learn that the process of making these unit is quite a time consuming process. Each unit going thru and long process of testing and calibration. At the Neptune meetup at MACNA they gave users a over view of how each unit goes thru testing before it is shipped.
The companies have to do testing and calibration on these units otherwise if bad units get out in the field people will trash the companies for selling units that do not work correctly. Test equipment and speed do not go together. They have to be right or a company can lose their whole business.

Silver14SS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The companies have to do testing and calibration on these units otherwise if bad units get out in the field people will trash the companies for selling units that do not work correctly. Test equipment and speed do not go together. They have to be right or a company can lose their whole business.

There's not a confidence inspiring amount of posting about Mindstream results, but there are a few issues already. Results very different than titration tests, power supply failing, brush falling off the disc, maybe others I'm missing. If it's truly a QC delay, sounds like QC needs some work.

The development of MM took 7 years through crowdfunding and they are still crowdfunding by collecting payment months prior to delivery. What's the most likely scenario? My guess is not having the funds to actually make products until a certain amount of orders have paid.

Will they sell a supply of discs to those who already have the monitor? If they don't expire, it'd be nice to have a stockpile of them in case the company doesn't make it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back