Status
Not open for further replies.

chicago

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i just got an email... my july 8th order that was pushed back and pushed back to ship date of 11th.. just got bumped again and they are not giving me a firm date but rather another... we are looking at several weeks... This is nuts.. I asked them to credit and they could charge my card when it actually ships...

Silver14SS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i just got an email... my july 8th order that was pushed back and pushed back to ship date of 11th.. just got bumped again and they are not giving me a firm date but rather another... we are looking at several weeks... This is nuts.. I asked them to credit and they could charge my card when it actually ships...

1571058154334.gif

ctbehm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let me know if they agree to refund then bill at time of shipping. I'm getting a bit impatient with the lack of communication as well.

ScottW

Manchester United
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I ordered one at MACNA. I got cold feed b/c of all the waiting, etc. I emailed them and asked for a refund, and they did. I hope that helps out.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
They have been copying and pasting the same response to every inquiry over these past couple of months it seems be it here, Instagram or wherever else. Something doesn’t feel right IMO. I know some units have shipped and a few folks DO have them but heck a few people have the Cerebra too.
I have called them - talked to them in person. I needed a partial refund because of something - received it promptly. Assuming you ordered in July - and the original delivery window was 6-8 weeks the earliest someone should have been 'complaining' is September 1 - it is now 6 weeks late - its not a tragedy - or? If anyone thinks is a scam its really easy - cancel your order - or do a chargeback on your CC.

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Having followed the process of the auto testing machines. An talking to Mindstream and APEX about their units. You learn that the process of making these unit is quite a time consuming process. Each unit going thru and long process of testing and calibration. At the Neptune meetup at MACNA they gave users a over view of how each unit goes thru testing before it is shipped.
The companies have to do testing and calibration on these units otherwise if bad units get out in the field people will trash the companies for selling units that do not work correctly. Test equipment and speed do not go together. They have to be right or a company can lose their whole business.

Maybe they should assemble and test a warehouse full of units before they roll it out and expect people to wait for months?

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe they should assemble and test a warehouse full of units before they roll it out and expect people to wait for months?

No smart company does that, unless they got tons of cash, a lot of Beta tester and a good public track record. If MindStream built 3000 units just imagine the publicity disaster if 1000 of them had an unknown defect. Just ask Apple the pitfalls of building too many products and delivering them all at once. Remember Antenna Gate. Luckily at the time Apple still had a crap load of public good will and people excepted the solution of "Don't hold it that way". Others are not so lucky, look at Samsung and the Note 7. That was a recall of 2.5 million devices and a 5 billion dollar loss that ended up in the garbage heap. Do you really think they had a clue during beta testing that the batteries would explode?

I am not saying that I am not getting a bit weary of the lack of communication and that I am not upset over the delays. I am just pointing out that nothing about this is unusual for a cutting edge product. The only mistake that I think they made was cashing the credit cards before shipment. If they had not done that then this would be just like Triton and there would be bugger all that any of us could say. On the other hand I understand that they might have needed the cash infusion to get going and I am willing to go along with that in order to see a leap in technology come to the market. I am also willing to be a bit more patient and not just assume that some underhanded plot is unfolding.

chicago

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my issue is why not say ok..you ordered... there is so much demand. We will credit your card and will charge it when we ship. I would not say this if it was not the four emails now pushing this back and the latest cannot even give a date when it has been pushed back to.. That is a bit concerning....

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my issue is why not say ok..you ordered... there is so much demand. We will credit your card and will charge it when we ship. I would not say this if it was not the four emails now pushing this back and the latest cannot even give a date when it has been pushed back to.. That is a bit concerning....

I agree, but I just assume they were cash strapped. What bothers me is why do they still have the "Now Taking Orders" button on their website.
Clearly they cannot supply the current orders so why keep soliciting more.

Last edited:

Silver14SS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree, but I just assume they were cash strapped. What bothers me is why do they still have the "Now Taking Orders" button on their website.
Clearly they cannot supply the current orders so why keep soliciting more.

Maybe it’s a situation where finances are such that nothing was or is being made until more funds are available? Like to make the first XXX in line they need YYY more orders and it’s a hole that they hope to eventually dig out of.

Crashjack

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Most likely they would have to refund and then the customer would just have to repurchase. You can't store credit card information without the user being involved on the front-end (not legally or within PCI compliance).

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think if I crowdfunded a couple million bucks, I could make one too within a couple years ;Woot

fcmatt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Even after this whole thread I have followed... their gear seems like the best option. I truly hope they work it out!
Most likely they would have to refund and then the customer would just have to repurchase. You can't store credit card information without the user being involved on the front-end (not legally or within PCI compliance).

There are ways to safely store credit card info for small biz by using a token combined with your credit card authorizer. Your database only stores that for repeat purchase customers. The authorized stores the credit card info in a safer manner then any small biz can. Most modern sales software can handle this. Fyi.

Crashjack

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are ways to safely store credit card info for small biz by using a token combined with your credit card authorizer. Your database only stores that for repeat purchase customers. The authorized stores the credit card info in a safer manner then any small biz can. Most modern sales software can handle this. Fyi.

Correct. We have credit card payment plans in my business, which are setup as tokens. However, that has to be setup with the card on the front-end. These were actual credit card charges. Mindstream could refund, but they couldn’t re-charge when they shipped unless they had stored the credit card information (the actual information), and used that information to generate a new charge (not legal/PCI compliant). All Mindstream could do at this point is refund and have the customer re-purchase.

Crashjack

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m in a similar situation with an Aquarium Engineering ACR Calcium Reactor. It had an advertised 6-8 week delivery, and I’ve just past the 3-month point. I almost cancelled but then saw where there had been problems with solenoids and effluent valves, and the owner was sending all existing customers the new solenoids, valves, and redesign to plug into their existing reactors, at no cost to the customers. There have been a couple of other improvements that he sent out to everybody, again at no cost. I realized I was lucky that I hadn’t received and that the delay would result in me getting a better product. Therefore, I didn’t cancel.

Realize, these companies aren’t Microsoft, and the first purchasers are essentially the beta testers. My guess is, Mindstream hit some snags that they want to fix before more units are shipped. Better to hold units and fix the problems before shipping, than doing like a lot of companies and just offering a 2nd generation that customers have to purchase if they want the problems fixed. I realize people want what they paid for within the time frame advertised, but waiting will likely earn them a better product and less headaches down the road.

chicago

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
anyone get an update from mindsteam in past few days.. I have emailed them and asked for a date when this will be resolved and when they will ship.. no reply for days now. wonder if they will be in chicago this weekend..

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
anyone get an update from mindsteam in past few days.. I have emailed them and asked for a date when this will be resolved and when they will ship.. no reply for days now. wonder if they will be in chicago this weekend..
Yes I did

Status
Not open for further replies.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 140 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.7%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back