minimum amount of silicone tubing on return

JachPot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the minimum amount of silicone tubing that can be used and still dampen?

I've got a 200 gallon with a sicce syncra dc 9. Without any serious work I think I can get 4-6" of tubing in place. If I need more I'd have to modify my hard plumbing.

What do you all think is the minimum amount of 1" ID tubing I need to mitigate vibrations??? I have a 2 foot piece so it's not a shortage issue.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think just using silicone over braided tubing will diminish vibrations quite a bit. The length of tubing I have on my tank is probably 6-8" between my Sicce SDC 9 and the hard plumbing.

OP
OP
JachPot

JachPot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
4 to 6 is plenty.
I'll tell my wife
Joke Reaction GIF by Travis

Lbrdsoxfan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the minimum amount of silicone tubing that can be used and still dampen?

I've got a 200 gallon with a sicce syncra dc 9. Without any serious work I think I can get 4-6" of tubing in place. If I need more I'd have to modify my hard plumbing.

What do you all think is the minimum amount of 1" ID tubing I need to mitigate vibrations??? I have a 2 foot piece so it's not a shortage issue.
Usually about a foot, but whatever is convenient. Long as you break up that rigid pvc somewhere.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.0%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back