Missing fish.

colincolin747

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recent purchased a firefish. I have not seen it for the past week at all after the first day putting it in the tank. I have removed parts of my rock work and dug out most of the sand and crevices but no sign. I am worried that it probably is stuck inside a rock or something. My brother theorises that my BTA ate it.... I’m not sure on what to do at this point.... All water parameters are within range.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very timid fish. It probably just needed time and a calm environment to come out. Hopefully you didnt bury it while searching. Just wait it out at this point would be my recommendation.

OP
OP
C

colincolin747

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very timid fish. It probably just needed time and a calm environment to come out. Hopefully you didnt bury it while searching. Just wait it out at this point would be my recommendation.
I made sure that the base rock works were not moved and used a turkey baster to look through the sand. Zero sign at all.

OP
OP
C

colincolin747

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do toy have an open top on your aquarium? They are jumpers. Also if a fish dies and you have a good cuc (Clean up crew) you may never see the remains
I have 5 nassarius snails, 2 trochus snails and a pair coral banded shrimp. My tank has a net and checked filter and areas around the tank cabinet and no luck.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 86.8%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 7 6.1%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back