Missing iridescent light? Steve’s LED

kalexander52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I ordered a Steve’s LED for my biocube. I went ahead and purchased the iridescent booster with it. I got it today and installed it but I don’t think they sent me one with the booster. From what I read, there should be 4 purple lights in place of the blue. Can anyone verify this? Mine look like they are all blue and white. I tried to get a picture but it’s tough I think with my iPhone. I sent a message to Steve’s led. I’m really not to excited to have to ship this back to them to get the right one if that’s the case!

F0E4535B-9D8E-463C-BC99-771167FCAD07.jpeg 163295FD-F2BF-4E35-A187-A014DF7D1662.jpeg

Bpb

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you can reduce the exposure even more on the picture it’ll be easier to pinpoint them. From a couple other images I looked up of the specific arrangement you wanted it doesn’t look correct at a glance. Problem is they don’t release their proprietary arrangement so you aren’t real positive on what to look for. Having the camera isocentered on different spots will change how the sensor perceives the color peaks

OP
OP
K

kalexander52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you can reduce the exposure even more on the picture it’ll be easier to pinpoint them. From a couple other images I looked up of the specific arrangement you wanted it doesn’t look correct at a glance. Problem is they don’t release their proprietary arrangement so you aren’t real positive on what to look for. Having the camera isocentered on different spots will change how the sensor perceives the color peaks
I can try another picture but it is easily noticeable in person. From left to right it’s, white, blue, blue, blue,white, blue, blue, blue,white, blue, blue, blue,white.

I did a google search and found this picture. This person lights clearly show a purple light in the reflection of the water.
I’m sure Steve’s led will fix this error since everything I’ve seen, shows they have excellent customer service.

Attachments

• 6864D9F3-EB4B-4EFE-9D80-C7B2F81C3F4F.jpeg
    6864D9F3-EB4B-4EFE-9D80-C7B2F81C3F4F.jpeg
    221.2 KB · Views: 56

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back