Mitras with Aquatic Life

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

sailorman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd like to get the 61" Aquaic Life hybrid in the 61" Black version to hold three Mitras lights. I've read that they need to be EU at 19.5". Is that correct and if it is, can I buy the fixture from you?

Michael Gray

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is correct..... 19.4 ends.. im in the same boat as you as i have two Mitras LX7's..... thats a forsure fit to put the mitras between the T5's......... also discovered a Mount specifically made for the GHL mitras dated August of last year and posted by @AquaticLifeProducts. im looking into these as this will allow us GHL users to use the standard 18" wide Hybrid. hoping for an answer tomorrow/

OP
OP
S

sailorman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is correct..... 19.4 ends.. im in the same boat as you as i have two Mitras LX7's..... thats a forsure fit to put the mitras between the T5's......... also discovered a Mount specifically made for the GHL mitras dated August of last year and posted by @AquaticLifeProducts. im looking into these as this will allow us GHL users to use the standard 18" wide Hybrid. hoping for an answer tomorrow/
Please keep us posted with your findings.

AquaticLifeProducts

Aquarium Equipment Company
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
The Mitras will require the 19.4" components as they are wider than the 7.25" width in the standard 18" fixture.

Item numbers 470604 and 470607 are for the 19.4" LED brackets and the 19.4" Decorative covers with endplates.

Let me know if additional questions.

OP
OP
S

sailorman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Mitras will require the 19.4" components as they are wider than the 7.25" width in the standard 18" fixture.

Item numbers 470604 and 470607 are for the 19.4" LED brackets and the 19.4" Decorative covers with endplates.

Let me know if additional questions.

Thank you-

Michael Gray

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 48" g2 arrives Thursday. I'm drilling holes in the ceiling today and putting wood in attic to hang the lights. How long are the cables that come with the fixture. Ceiling is 9ft. And if I want the lights to hang same height as I have my leds now. It's almost 4 ft away from ceiling......

@AquaticLifeProducts

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually measuring mine will be pointless, Dave mentioned they went with a different setup for "G2":

The total is right at 9 feet. They can be extended if needed. We use a C13/C14 cord connector around 7.5 feet and then the country cord is attached to it. Extending another 1.5 feet.
So you have 7.5 feet from the fixture till it terminates in a C14 female plug end. You can then extend that however long you want with a common PC C13 male ended cable, or use the included 1.5 foot one.

Michael Gray

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually measuring mine will be pointless, Dave mentioned they went with a different setup for "G2":

So you have 7.5 feet from the fixture till it terminates in a C14 female plug end. You can then extend that however long you want with a common PC C13 male ended cable, or use the included 1.5 foot one.
Not talking about the cord to plug in. I'm talking about the hanging cable the steel braided cable.

Kyl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah.. not my best of days today. Not sure what I was thinking, re-read my original reply and had power cords in my mind for some reason..

Hanging kit, at least for the G1, I'll measure when at home.

@AquaticLifeProducts Dave, are they the same in the G2?

Michael Gray

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah.. not my best of days today. Not sure what I was thinking, re-read my original reply and had power cords in my mind for some reason..

Hanging kit, at least for the G1, I'll measure when at home.

@AquaticLifeProducts Dave, are they the same in the G2?
I appreciate you checking. Total length from fixture to able to hang on ceiling. My 9ft ceiling to roughly where my LEDs are now. I believe is 4ft. Incan always buy more of the steel cable but need the gauge of it so it matches
Got hooks rated for 45lbs

Climbing in attic now to put wood where my holes are where my hooks are going. I'm sweating lke crazy. Feels like 250* out here ahahaba

AquaticLifeProducts

Aquarium Equipment Company
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
The wires are just under 4' and you have around 3" - 4" for the triangle. If you need longer let me know, we had a few longer sections made to help customers out with taller ceilings. I believe they are 8'.

The things we do for our aquariums. The attic would be brutal today!!!

Kyl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got a bit side-tracked yesterday. Loop to end is 37.5", t-slot bolt to bolt is 24.5", so about 12" per side. That is a G1 48" fixture.

Michael Gray

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So 37 plus 12 ya that's close lolol I'm glad Dave is sending off a longer hanging kit.

Just ordered m4 screws for for my mitras fixtures. I ordered a kit cause the led brackets from aquaticlife are due anytime today so I can look how the lights will mount to it. But I'll have everything for the weekend. To get it completed

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 43 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back