Mix triton other method with real triton method together?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

coweyes298

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Want to check if someone did this and is it safe to.

I am running triton other method and it is now close to empty for both 3 container. (I mixed the NO.3 part into one).

Instead of dumping the whole remaining other method and clean it, reprime etc with real triton method, is it OK to directly dump the triton method with the remaining other method together?

BigKid4788

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I went from full triton to triton other method. I didn't dump anything out but only had 50ml left in each bottle. I did t see any negative effects. May want to send a wuock note to @Tim@Triton.

OP
OP
coweyes298

coweyes298

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes it is fine, you can mix versions.

Just so you know, the only difference between Core7 Base Elements and Core7 Reef Supplements in contained in bottle number 1. 2,3a, & 3b are the same in each version.

So that means I only need to add triton base7 full method 1, 2, 3 a&b respectively to the already labeled 1, 2, 3 a&b other method container? Assuming the 1, 2, 3 a&b for both full method and other method are the same.

Tim@Triton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, it does no harm to clean out every so often but they are fine to just go straight in

Joe Batt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry Tim, I'm a little confused... (nothing unusual) are you saying that the Core 7 Triton Method bottle 2, 3a, 3b are the same solution as the Core 7 Other Methods 2,3a,3b. Same formula and strength etc, and as such are interchangeable.

The only difference is in the Core 7 Triton Method bottle 1 and Core 7 Other Methods bottle 1? So its just bottle 1 that you need to make sure you purchase correctly depending on full Triton or Other Methods?

Joe Batt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's great information to know. My local LFS just stocks Core 7 OTHER METHODS and I am full Triton Core 7. Now I can buy 2,3a,3b from them and just search for the bottle 1 elsewhere :)

Tim2@Triton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Joe Batt A great idea, but retailers in the USA buy Core7 in sets, so they would be loathe to break open sets as eventually they will end up with orphan containers that can't be sold.

ShawnSaucier

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could you not buy the “other method” and supplement what is missing through the individual components that are available? If need be?

Joe Batt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Joe Batt A great idea, but retailers in the USA buy Core7 in sets, so they would be loathe to break open sets as eventually they will end up with orphan containers that can't be sold.
Luckily I'm not in the US, unlucky in other aspects of reefing. Fortunately I do get to the US often enough to pick up stocks of all sorts for my tank back home :)

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 33.8%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 19 23.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 7 8.8%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 20 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.5%
Back