Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Meet Mother Nem.

Mother Nem was given to me with a tear in her mouth and foot. She had been removed from a rock haphazardly resulting in the tears.
Close to 50 percent of her tentacles wouldn’t inflate, and she wouldn’t stick with her foot 100 percent. I was told when healthy she is 19 inches in diameter however she had shriveled down to about 6 inches.
I picked her up and brought her home. The top 2 photos are what she looked like when she arrived and was placed in the acclimation box in my nem tank. I wasn’t sure if she would make it. It was touch and go for quite some time. I placed her in a bucket of water with a mixture of Seachem Iodide and Simple Sugar (Glucose Syrup) {Thank you to the late Bob Fenner for this} it is essentially giving the nem a IV like how humans receive at the hospital when sick. It’s been about 2 weeks and she is almost fully healed as you can see in the two bottom pictures. I wasn’t sure how that mixture would go but after some nursing back to health and some iodide and simple sugar she is right as rain and eating like a champ. She was placed on her rock last week in the tank and is doing great. ❤️
5F15C0F0-FCCF-47DB-AADB-5C633E21BE66.jpeg

here she is on her rock and my maroon KeKe is obsessed with her.

BE027EA1-D575-4094-AED9-12B050F951A5.jpeg

50738259-8A7F-44F4-BDB6-415C96AC8DDE.jpeg

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
OP
LyssaRanay

LyssaRanay

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Here is a clip of my tank yesterday. All is going well. Bubbles are doing great. 28 total now. Added a foxface for the bubble algae issue I was having. And a Sandsifting goby To help my sandbed stay clean.

here is a pic just in case the clip didn’t go through.

521650A0-AB1C-4581-8634-348D725A953C.jpeg

Reefing102

Valuable Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Meet Mother Nem.

Mother Nem was given to me with a tear in her mouth and foot. She had been removed from a rock haphazardly resulting in the tears.
Close to 50 percent of her tentacles wouldn’t inflate, and she wouldn’t stick with her foot 100 percent. I was told when healthy she is 19 inches in diameter however she had shriveled down to about 6 inches.
I picked her up and brought her home. The top 2 photos are what she looked like when she arrived and was placed in the acclimation box in my nem tank. I wasn’t sure if she would make it. It was touch and go for quite some time. I placed her in a bucket of water with a mixture of Seachem Iodide and Simple Sugar (Glucose Syrup) {Thank you to the late Bob Fenner for this} it is essentially giving the nem a IV like how humans receive at the hospital when sick. It’s been about 2 weeks and she is almost fully healed as you can see in the two bottom pictures. I wasn’t sure how that mixture would go but after some nursing back to health and some iodide and simple sugar she is right as rain and eating like a champ. She was placed on her rock last week in the tank and is doing great. ❤️
5F15C0F0-FCCF-47DB-AADB-5C633E21BE66.jpeg

here she is on her rock and my maroon KeKe is obsessed with her.

BE027EA1-D575-4094-AED9-12B050F951A5.jpeg

50738259-8A7F-44F4-BDB6-415C96AC8DDE.jpeg
That’s awesome. I haven’t searched, but do you have more details on the Bob Fenner treatment? Could be useful info to have handy

BRS

What is your experience with clams?

• I am comfortable keeping clams in my aquarium

Votes: 87 30.0%
  • I have kept clams, but am not particularly confident with it

Votes: 61 21.0%
  • I would like to keep clams, but I haven’t tried it yet

Votes: 115 39.7%
  • Not interested. No clams for me

Votes: 27 9.3%
Torch SALE