Mixed leftover reagent A into new bottle

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Adele

I don't sing
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
♀️ First bottle of A depleted so swapped it for a new one but not before thinking to “waste not want not” on the bit in the old bottle and dumped it in the new. Then after the fact reading to NOT do this. Did I really just ruin my new bottle of reagent?

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Neptune say not to do it. Probably because it adds an 'uncontrollable' element to the ability of the trident to be accurate/precise ….. people will then complain about it. Probably you will be fine, but keep an eye on the numbers and do an occasional comparison test with a different test kit.

rkpetersen

walked the sand with the crustaceans
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Should be fine, although I'd always just toss the little bit left at the bottom.
These reagents do tend to get drifting readings as you get down toward the bottom of each bottle anyway.

OP
OP
Adele

Adele

I don't sing
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Should be fine, although I'd always just toss the little bit left at the bottom.
These reagents do tend to get drifting readings as you get down toward the bottom of each bottle anyway.
Next time I certainly will. Should have read about the refill process before just doing it.
I appreciate you and everyone else that responded.

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Until somebody runs a true scientific study on how the mixed reagent performs, I'm going to believe Neptune's guidance that you should not mix old reagent into a new bottle.

Reefltx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s a bit odd to me, it’s not a little left over. Seems like a lot to me, I have 70ml left over!

Honestly, how much is it using per test?

F9D5647B-E498-4602-AFFC-A3CF83BACBDC.jpeg

U

User1

View Badges
Until somebody runs a true scientific study on how the mixed reagent performs, I'm going to believe Neptune's guidance that you should not mix old reagent into a new bottle.

Pretty much my stance on it. They fill it up a bit more anyway - at least that is what I've been told by support. So whatever is left - down the drain it goes. I understand the urge but I really don't see a reason why.

On a similar note I'm sure this is something Neptune is looking at. If not, then they should be. The more the trident gets out there and the more days in use pass by they are getting a metric ton of data. Being a big data fella this sort of thing could yield some interesting results. I know they are sort of looking at it because during the Feb 20th live stream Terrance spoke about the number of tests people are running. During their poll people said A, B, and C...yet people are testing a lot more (their words) and it is really X, Y, and Z! That was an interesting nugget. So much that he said at first we had a Trident issue but now we are starting to see a Reagent issue.

Mouse through the snake....on the flip side a pretty good issue to have if I say so myself. It is a great little product.

kkiel02

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are good. I’ve done it as well and the values were a little different but close enough. I mainly just watch it for trends anyway as long as it’s between 8-9 dkh.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 28 30.1%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 73 78.5%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 15 16.1%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 8 8.6%
  • Other

Votes: 8 8.6%
Back