mixing a juvey koran and a young adult emperor?

ddc0715

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a young adult emperor angel and saw a pretty juvenile Koran at a lfs. My DT is 150. I know of the one angel rule, but what's my odds of a fight or death if I add this juvey Koran?

It's not really a rule but angels are kinda like tangs they could attack another angel of the same genus and or shape and size. keyword COULD.

it's said that when they become adults, even tho they could get along for years, one could kill the other. They are both from the Pomacanthus genus. And The emperor will get Bigger in my sized tank, like full-sized so it could be 12 inches and so could the Koran. I think I might be lucky, but they look extremely alike and with the emperor being at 6 inches and the koran at 2, i could have a problem w/ the emperor right?

I did have a coral beauty with my emperor no problem but Those are part of the Pomacanthidae family, kinda different from the Pomacanthus family. I'm not trying to geek out here but I have learned that understanding and knowing genus names are how (IMO) you prevent fish on fish murder an end up with keeping this hot-looking fish long term. I want this koran angel but I don't want to sentence him to death either what say yall

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How big is the tank. That's a 50/50 proposition, the koran can be aggressive on it's right, but the emporer will need to be the king of the tank. So it just depends if you draw a koran willing to submit, or if they both don't end up being males.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 12 27.9%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 35 81.4%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.7%
Back