Mixing an ORPHEK icon compact with 2 XR 30 g5 pros

hoytoyed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have 2 xr30’s on my 5 foot tank, and need to add a light. I was thinking of adding the icon compact in the middle and comparing the Orpheks to the Radions and seeing which I liked better and making the decision on one or the other, or if the combo works, and performs and looks good, it works. My biggest concern is the height of panels. The xr30’s are about 10” or so above the water on the rms arms, and the icon compact would probably have to be a few inches higher.
Opinions? Advice?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I currently have 2 xr30’s on my 5 foot tank, and need to add a light. I was thinking of adding the icon compact in the middle and comparing the Orpheks to the Radions and seeing which I liked better and making the decision on one or the other, or if the combo works, and performs and looks good, it works. My biggest concern is the height of panels. The xr30’s are about 10” or so above the water on the rms arms, and the icon compact would probably have to be a few inches higher.
Opinions? Advice?
Problem you will have is the Orphel is longer than the XR15 although would be aesthetic and not impossible.

OP
OP
hoytoyed

hoytoyed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Problem you will have is the Orphel is longer than the XR15 although would be aesthetic and not impossible.
I have XR30’s, so not a lot of difference in size. The radions are 12x7, and the icon compact is roughly 14 x 9.
I would rotate them all perpendicular to how they are mounted now, so they’d be longer front to back.
Looking at info from ORPHEK, they recommend 35 inches from the bottom of the tank. The tank is 24” high, so 11” above the tank, or about 3” higher than the radions that are 8” above the tank.

Last edited:

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 102 86.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back